Possible Huge Job Cuts at eBay Coming in 2015

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ebay-weighing-massive-job-cuts-223138879.html

eBay could lay off thousands of employees in the early half of 2015 as plans its spinoff, Dow Jones reported Wednesday, citing sources with knowledge of the matter.

The cuts are expected to impact employees in eBay's core market place division, the sources said.

One source added that the online auctioneer have considered cutting some 3,000 positions, about 10 percent of its overall headcount, the Dow Jones report said.

A spokesperson from the firm did not confirm the report, but said "We are focused on running the business and setting eBay and PayPal up for success as independent companies," a spokesperson told CNBC.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Hopefully they get rid of the department that keeps making all the useless cosmetic site changes that are either useless or break something that is working fine. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

3000 employees is only 10%!?! Ebay has 30,000 employees? Holy!

No wonder our fees are high. We have to pay the salaries of 30,000 people!

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Hopefully Alibaba will take feeBay out.

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are."--Unknown
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I would gladly bid goodbye to the ones who do nothing at all when Reports are issued on buyer violations and/or other sellers stealing pictures from listings or generally behaving unethically. Is that the Trust and Safety team? As far as I can tell, that department is empty anyway. I feel violated whenever take the time to file a detailed report and nothing comes of it. Oh, and my favourite: toys that have been recalled for choking hazards and/or lead paint poisoning by the manufacturer. I've found dozens and reported every single one. What came of it? Nothing. At. All. Do a search for 'Supercharged Sarge' and you'll see. Recalled, recalled, recalled. Poison paint. All reported. Nothing done. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Many moons ago before they started "fixing" things and making things more complicated, life was good. I feel they have driven a lot of people away. They should have left well enough alone and concentrated on getting rid of the scams, plus adding in superb customer service. 

Photobucket
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I feel for those people.  I hope they band together and go  public with all that has been happening on eBay.  

Message 7 of 7
latest reply