help my package is stick in customs.

so i purchased a jinbao devastator (transformer) with the upgrade kit from a seller in china. its in its original box so i assume its a larger package. i payed around 22-24 shipping for a standard speedpak. once it showed that it had "cleared Canadian customs" on the 14th that was it. its been stuck there ever since. is this normal? a covid delay? i just figured since it cleared wouldn't it keep moving? i know i can get  my money back if its not delivered by may 15th but **bleep** i hate not knowing whats going on.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

patience is your friend here, first off you have tracking that is working, second is you have ebay protection if it doesn't arrive, .. relax,, there is a lot going on here..

Seems like your seller did everything right, now you need to do the same thing, relax, and let the postal system take care of things, and yes there will be delays.. not to be UN-expected,  given the circumstances..

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

You don't give the date of purchase, but it has arrived in Canada.

Pandemic precautions are slowing the process of customs clearance and really there is nothing you or your seller can do until May 15th- another 23 days.

Tracking shows where your item has been, not necessarily where it is now.

FWIW- we've been getting mail delivery on Sundays recently. So there's that.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

BTW- My local comic book store is delivering, is yours?

You may pay a little more, but no problems with Canada Post collecting duty (anything over $20Cdn is subject to duty) and GST/HST/PST. Plus their $9.95 service fee on your doorstep or at the local PO.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

my problem is. it has cleared customs. but hasn't updated since then. it was purchased on the 8th of april. i get it can take longer. just don't get why it would say "cleared" then stay in customs. one thing i know is comic book shops don't usually carry 2 foot tall oversized Chinese knock offs haha. i know there are sometime issues with some sellers from china under estimating value to cheap out customs so i hope that's not the case. again my main issue is why would it say "cleared".... but not move for 8 days.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply