Ebay Canada has Sellers selling items that may not be shipped to Canada ?

heb239
Community Member

Why is Ebay Canada allowing Sellers to list their products on Ebay Canada if they "may not ship to Canada "  ?    If they don't, won't, can't or unable to ship to Canada, what are they doing trying to sell items on Ebay Canada ?   Are Canadians supposed to contact each and every seller to ask them ?  Seriously ?  Maybe its time Ebay imposed some form of common sense on Sellers which provides some form of common sense.  Example:   Any items listed on Ebay Canada by Sellers must provide shipping to Canada otherwise items cannot be listed on Ebay Canada.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

marnotom!
Community Member
“Any items listed on eBay Canada by Sellers must provide shipping to Canada otherwise items cannot be listed on eBay Canada.”

That’s actually the case. Perhaps you're you’re running into circumstances where sellers are using “exclusion lists” to block buyers with addresses in specific countries or regions and the seller has inadvertently chosen a region to exclude that includes Canada.

Are you seeing this problem with a particular category or type of item? I wouldn’t mind doing a bit of eSleuthing.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

A seller may be willing to ship to Canada, but have neglected to set up the actual cost of shipping here.

Or he may not want to ship here, but accidentally have left that option active.

Never put down to conspiracy what can be explained by stupidity.

Example: Any items listed on Ebay Canada by Sellers must provide shipping to Canada otherwise items cannot be listed on Ebay Canada.

This is actually the standard.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

There was once a  new Canadian seller on eBay that chose to list on eBay.com in US dollars.

The only shipping option chosen by this seller was domestic shipping.  This seller assumed that domestic shipping was to Canada where this seller lived.

There eventually came a time when this seller learned that if he listed on ebay.com, then domestic shipping  was shipping to the US.....and 

No shipping to Canada where this seller lived.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

You must be seeing listings that were listed on other ebay sites as it isn’t possible to list on .ca without setting up shipping to Canada.   Quite often .com sellers list and set up shipping to the US only but don’t realize that to stop other sites from seeing their listings that they have to block the countries they don’t ship to.  I search for items in the ‘list’ view and customize it so that the shipping cost shows on the search page.  If I see shipping not specified, I don’t bother clicking on the listing.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply