Why is there only 2 option at the contact us call you or call me I want a live chat option and email

1 need more contact option, 2 sick of this **bleep** Hello jesters78,

We have reason to believe that your eBay account has been used fraudulently without your permission. We’ve reset your eBay password. If you had your PayPal account linked to your eBay account, we've disabled your PayPal link to protect your funds. Any unauthorized activity, such as buying or selling, has been canceled and any associated fees have been credited to your account. Any listings that we removed are included toward the end of this email. We assure you that your financial information is securely stored on a server and cannot be seen by anyone.

Although we’ve taken steps to secure your eBay account, your personal email account or third-party listing tools may have also been accessed without your permission. Please change these passwords as soon as possible.

Once you’ve secured your personal email account and third-party listing tools, please change your eBay password, and reset your PayPal link (if applicable): for real 1 to 3 time a month I change my pass at this point its all on your side to get your security work out. This has to be coming from inside ebay for real one of the bigges site out there took me over 1 hour to find this and still not what I needed for costumer service. Even Bell Canada as a live chat option, Amazon has well every but ebay guess you don't care about us just want the money I won't buy nothing till this issue stop. Sad part for my dog I only buy online and big stuff to 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Why is there only 2 option at the contact us call you or call me I want a live chat option and email

Live chat or email would do little to ferret out fraud. You need to call Customer Service and speak with a real person as instructed. It's a toll-free number. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Are the removed listings your own or were they put on your selling page by a scammer?

Although you have been a member since 2013, there have apparently been no purchases or sales on your account in more than a year.

That is the type of account that scammers search for.

Help and Contact is at the bottom of this page.

You can ask for a phone number, and you will be given a PIN.

Be aware that on the weekend the US * service reps are not working and you will be talking to a rep in the Phillipines. In my opinion, they tend to be more intelligent than the US reps, but there can be language difficulties.

The US desk will re-open on Monday.

You may have to explain that you are in Canada and what Canada is.

I assume since you have allowed this account to become dormant, that you biggest concern is the freeze on your Paypal account.

They have their own Resolution Centre which is under Tools at the top of your PP account page.

I have one concern.

EBay and Paypal are no longer the same company.

I am surprised that eBay can put a freeze on a PP account nowadays.

I would suggest that you send the original email that you received to

spoof@ebay.com

and

spoof @paypal.com

Usually both companies address you as John Smith rather than as member78.

*There is no dedicated Canadian customer service.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Usually both companies address you as John Smith rather than as member78.

Exactly! I hope that the original poster did not click on any links in the email because its very possible this is not a legitimate email. If they did click on links, they should definitely change their passwords.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply