now ebay refuses we delete our credit card?

so nowm,ebay hold us  in hostage  by not leaving us  deleting our  credit card ?  that makes  no  sens,please  someone,tell me  i'm not  dreaming?  each time i'm trying to  delete  my  credit card  number  this site   asks for  a  new  credit card  ,or  it  wont let me  delete  my  credit card  info.....i'm done  with ebay,if  i  cannot remove  some infos  i  want to  see  erased.i'm closing my account  for  good!!  

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I would think you should be able to remove or update a credit card fairly easily. Circumstances change we may cut up or want to get rid of a card, they expire and need updating, or want to use a new card for all online purchases, etc. I always use PayPal here to buy items myself and within PayPal I have the option to add or remove cards. If you have a PayPal account maybe that could be a route.

I just looked on eBay because I haven't made any changes to my payment methods for ages and I couldn't even remember where it was. I'm not sure if you are using your phone or a computer but I always use a computer for anything major as I find there are more options and screens you can access. From the computer I found mine under My Account, Personal Information, Payment Info, Payment Options. I see mine there with a Delete Button, I would think that would be where you do it. Perhaps it is just asking you for a new credit card by default since most people removing a card would add a new one if they make purchases here.

You can close your account if you wish but I wouldn't panic because they have your credit card. They have had it for a while and you have been safe, they won't use it without you buying something, anything unauthorized your credit card company would remove anyways. 

If it's just you don't want to use that card anymore for purchases I think you can change the payment method on checkout anyways.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@spaceroller09 wrote:

so nowm,ebay hold us  in hostage  by not leaving us  deleting our  credit card ?  that makes  no  sens,please  someone,tell me  i'm not  dreaming?  each time i'm trying to  delete  my  credit card  number  this site   asks for  a  new  credit card  ,or  it  wont let me  delete  my  credit card  info.....i'm done  with ebay,if  i  cannot remove  some infos  i  want to  see  erased.i'm closing my account  for  good!!  

@spaceroller09 

If at any point in time you were a seller, your CC would be the back up for eBay to use for any potential charges back to you. Here is the related info from help.

https://www.ebay.ca/help/account/changing-account-settings/closing-account?id=4199&st=3&pos=1&query=...

-Lotz

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

When a member closes their account, eBay does not close it immediately, but waits about six months for any unexpected financial problems.

For example,  buyer has up to 180 days to open a chargeback through his credit card. EBay wants to make sure the buyer can be refunded.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply