March 24 2021 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone - 

Opening the chat up for your questions. I will begin working on responses tomorrow afternoon!

Thanks, 

Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Previous question regarding emails for MP Payments from buyers

With the previous system when the buyer sent payment they were able to send message with any special instructions. I believe with the new system when they pay with PayPal they are still able to add a message. Where does the information display with the new emails. I am only seeing what sold, the amount paid for shipping and the customers address. There is no area for notes or which service they paid for. From a buyers perspective they would not realize(if it is the case) that a message would need to be sent separately.

Previous display attached. This is why the/a 2nd email for confirmed payment is benoficial.

Note to seller: Leave at side door.(flagged as html)

Special delivery instructions are best marked on package not on the label, as most drivers only look at the address.

-Lotz

Is there a way to fix discussion posts created that are flagged as containing html code with multiple attempts to send (spam) ebay with that message? That html code is usually cut and paste from ebay help files.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Hi I am just wondering if the simple listing form has been removed. I had a relist with a non paying buyer item and it went to the advanced form and then changed all my other listings to the advanced form. I did not see any way to opt out of the advanced form.

I also see that when listing a new item the page looks different so I wonder if the simple form has been removed.

Thanks

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Hello Tyler,

Do you have the link for the recording of the recent Town Hall along with Q + A.? There was some helpful questions/answers but it crashed twice after I checked in and no options to replay when it ended.

Thanks,

-Lotz

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Re: Previous question regarding emails for MP Payments from buyers

With the previous system when the buyer sent payment they were able to send message with any special instructions. I believe with the new system when they pay with PayPal they are still able to add a message. Where does the information display with the new emails. I am only seeing what sold, the amount paid for shipping and the customers address. There is no area for notes or which service they paid for. From a buyers perspective they would not realize(if it is the case) that a message would need to be sent separately.

Previous display attached. This is why the/a 2nd email for confirmed payment is benoficial.

Note to seller: Leave at side door.(flagged as html)

Special delivery instructions are best marked on package not on the label, as most drivers only look at the address.

-Lotz

Is there a way to fix discussion posts created that are flagged as containing html code with multiple attempts to send (spam) ebay with that message? That html code is usually cut and paste from ebay help files.

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies - I don't have insight for you into email notifications for payments. I'd recommend requesting contact from a payments-trained teammate so they can help you out there. 

When it comes to the post flooding error, it's something we're working on to get addressed and corrected. The system should be removing HTML it flags and allowing you to proceed without any issue. In the meantime will you please try out the following? If you choose the triple dot option to the right of the spell check options you can use the 'clear formatting' option in your post which should let you proceed. Tag me to a thread if it does not!

formatting.JPG

Tyler,
eBay
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@bentley65 wrote:

Hi I am just wondering if the simple listing form has been removed. I had a relist with a non paying buyer item and it went to the advanced form and then changed all my other listings to the advanced form. I did not see any way to opt out of the advanced form.

I also see that when listing a new item the page looks different so I wonder if the simple form has been removed.

Thanks

Hi @bentley65 - the listing form is being transitioned to a new one (you can read more about it here). It will replace the simple and business forms with a single one.

You should be able to (for right now) switch back, but within the next few months you will only have that form. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Hello Tyler,

Do you have the link for the recording of the recent Town Hall along with Q + A.? There was some helpful questions/answers but it crashed twice after I checked in and no options to replay when it ended.

Thanks,

-Lotz

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies - yes! I just got it this morning. Link is here

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for joining this week! The chat is now closed. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 8
latest reply