October 13 2021 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone - 

Opening the chat up for your questions! I'll begin working on responses tomorrow afternoon. 

Thanks, 

Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Hello Tyler,

Token weekly question for you please.

Any idea on a resolution for the ongoing Khorus issues?

-Lotz

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Hello Tyler,

Bonus question:

Does eBay have a reasoning why all listings have reset back to 0 views and 0 watchers and will this be reset?

-Lotz

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies - from your lips to God's ears!

Khoros continues to work with us on the missing profile links, avatar images and feedback profiles. Trying to sort out where the breakdown is occurring and which side (eBay or Khoros) needs to do what in order to get it fixed. 

It's one of those 'over my paygrade' conversations, but I'm waiting anxiously for some kind of resolution. I'm tired of constantly uploading my profile photo only to have it disappear within the next hour or so. 

C'est la vie, I suppose, eh?

Tyler,
eBay
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Hello Tyler,

Bonus question:

Does eBay have a reasoning why all listings have reset back to 0 views and 0 watchers and will this be reset?

-Lotz

No - I'm not aware of this. Is this from Seller Hub?

Tyler,
eBay
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Sellers Hub. All appears to be "currently" good on dot ca for views/watcher/traffic. 0 on dot com. Numerous reports of this on dot com discussion board.

-Lotz

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

amcdc79
Community Member

Opens door, <.< >.> still open? Here's my chance to thank Tyler, his crew and ebay for all the help on these forums all these years. A huge shout-out also, to all the sellers who take the time away from their selling chores to help the "newby's" when needed!

Not sure if this is going to even make it to the thread, but hey if it does, I really mean what I say. 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

nsthankiya
Community Member

I’ve been trying to get eBay gift cards refund for $1400CAN since Sept 15th going through live chat for an hour each time.

Four times I’ve been told that the issue has been escalated to the gift card team and I will get an email from them 24/48hours and nothing shows up. Contact them again and same solution it will be escalated to gift card team and I’ll get an in mail from them in 24/48hours and nothing. Rinse, Repeat.

Customer service keep giving me the same non solution and I can’t actually get to a manager or someone in charge to fund out why Gift Card Team is not following up or responding to escalation emails?

SR# 1-391996432522
SR# 1-391441850962
SR# 1-391085659272
SR# 1-390052646497

10:18:36 UTC RHEA
I understand that you want this to be escalated. Please know that my supervisor will just tell you the same thing.
10:19:39 UTC nsthankiya
why exactly is the gift card team not looking into this? They have been sent 3 requests, 4 now with yours?
10:20:24 UTC nsthankiya
$1400 CAN is a lot of cash
10:20:46 UTC RHEA
I am sorry but we are currently under limited man due to precautionary measurement.
10:21:04 UTC RHEA
Rest assured that all those requests will be checked.
10:21:55 UTC nsthankiya
so the reply in 24/48hours is more like 24/48 days?
10:23:01 UTC RHEA
Please know that it could be 24-48 hours but the maximum is 72 hours.
10:23:48 UTC nsthankiya
thats not true at all 3 requests over a month with no reply
10:24:07 UTC RHEA
We do apologize for that.
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Hi Tyler,

What is the purpose of having the option to ask eBay to step in (as a seller)? It is plainly USELESS.

Long story short, I sold an old motherboard. Buyer asked for a return because of shipping damage, providing pictures of the BIOS chip that just popped out of its socket and had damaged/bent pins. I accepted the return, only to find out the buyer sent a different motherboard (same model and revision, but dirty and with some soldered chips differents from the ones of the motherboard I sent. Even the BIOS chip is different.

I ask the buyer for explanation,  then asked eBay to step it, stating the buyer sent the wrong item (yes, there's an option in the list just for that).  I filed details, stating I can provide pictures for support to see by itself.

About an hour after, the case has been closed in favor of the buyer with the following mentions:

"We reviewed this case and decided to issue the buyer a full refund.

We received tracking information from the buyer that shows successful delivery."

What is the point of having the option to report that a buyer sent the WRONG item, just to have eBay checking only the tracking number??

I can imagine the buyer laughing all the way to the bank now with a pristine part that cost him 0$ and no damages to his reputation at all.

Seller protection... yeah right!

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Howdy, Tyler...

I am a Buyer. What will happen if I have an "unpaid item" on my account?

Tks,

wildcat

Message 10 of 10
latest reply