September 12, 2023 Monthly Chat

Hello everyone! Opening up the chat and we'll begin working on answers between now and tomorrow afternoon. Some answers may require me reaching out to the right team for a response so some answers may be delayed!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Hello Devon,

Is ANYTHING in the works to improve the Shopping Cart = Combined shipping experience for everyone concerned? There is still no continue shopping button on the PC.

Many of the known issues are caused by the various sub-programs tripping over each other like APP vs PC, Immediate Payment required, EIS for foreign buyers shopping on dot com etc. Unsure if the rollout for a payment method needing to be in place before a buyer can complete the transaction has happened on ca or if that may be causing conflicts. As of late there is limited way to know what is being beta tested and what has been officially rolled out because very few of these changes ever get posted to ca. (See dot ca announcement board for follow up.)  It's understood that there is nothing in place when a seller is listing on both sites and a buyer tries to buy but in the other situations the options should be available for buyers to request revised invoices and/or sellers to send them. Combined shipping is not a problem with other major online websites.  For additional clarification, sellers should not need to create a custom listing for a buyer to buy multiple items. A major problem for anyone who sells items like coins or collectable trading cards as examples and is up against this on a daily basis.

Thanks,

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Hello Devon,

Is ANYTHING in the works to improve the Shopping Cart = Combined shipping experience for everyone concerned? There is still no continue shopping button on the PC.

Many of the known issues are caused by the various sub-programs tripping over each other like APP vs PC, Immediate Payment required, EIS for foreign buyers shopping on dot com etc. Unsure if the rollout for a payment method needing to be in place before a buyer can complete the transaction has happened on ca or if that may be causing conflicts. As of late there is limited way to know what is being beta tested and what has been officially rolled out because very few of these changes ever get posted to ca. (See dot ca announcement board for follow up.)  It's understood that there is nothing in place when a seller is listing on both sites and a buyer tries to buy but in the other situations the options should be available for buyers to request revised invoices and/or sellers to send them. Combined shipping is not a problem with other major online websites.  For additional clarification, sellers should not need to create a custom listing for a buyer to buy multiple items. A major problem for anyone who sells items like coins or collectable trading cards as examples and is up against this on a daily basis.

Thanks,

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies! I know that combine shipping has been one of the hot topics that our Shipping team has been looking into. Also with the testing that takes place, we try to keep it to small groups of buyers and sellers and if there is larger testing we may let the impacted groups know ahead of time. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

devon@ebay wrote:

Hello Devon,

Thanks,

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies! I know that combine shipping has been one of the hot topics that our Shipping team has been looking into. Also with the testing that takes place, we try to keep it to small groups of buyers and sellers and if there is larger testing we may let the impacted groups know ahead of time. 

devon@ebay 

From my understanding and the reports I have seen on this issue (both sites) the seller only gets a charge with no breakdown or explanation. (Charges after the fact.) Similar to Ca sellers not getting an invoice with the the charges for CP showing tax and/or any discounts. Is there a procedure to appeal these mystery charges or plans to properly explain why these charges are showing up to the seller?

It may be an idea for label charges to include an be sent with an actual email as they do get billed. Similar to the payout sellers receive. Up to the seller to choose if they wish to keep for their records or file elsewhere.

-Lotz

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

devon@ebay wrote:

Hello Devon,

Thanks,

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

devon@ebay 

From my understanding and the reports I have seen on this issue (both sites) the seller only gets a charge with no breakdown or explanation. (Charges after the fact.) Similar to Ca sellers not getting an invoice with the the charges for CP showing tax and/or any discounts. Is there a procedure to appeal these mystery charges or plans to properly explain why these charges are showing up to the seller?

It may be an idea for label charges to include an be sent with an actual email as they do get billed. Similar to the payout sellers receive. Up to the seller to choose if they wish to keep for their records or file elsewhere.

-Lotz

@lotzofuniquegoodies At this time I do not have an answer for that. I will have to reach out to a few different people to see if they can help answer this question. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for joining the chat- it's closed but will return next month!

I will continue to work on getting responses to any questions that may not have been answered during the chat. I will be sure to tag the member to assure they are notified of a response!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply