Two months of payouts to Desjardins account that keep failing

Canadian seller, selling in USD on managed payments

For the past two months my payouts have been failing. It worked fine before. Every two days I receive dozens of messages saying that the "payouts did not go thru" and "resending payouts" 

I called ebay, they investigated and called me back a week later. They said call the bank, somthing wrong with the account. I called the bank and they say my account is fine, nothing wrong with it. 

As a test, I asked a friend in the US to do a small international wire to me to that bank account and it worked perfect.

I am now thinking the problem really is with ebay.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Is your account registered with eBay Canada or eBay USA?  It seems the majority of the people who have issues like this have an older account that was registered on eBay USA, and those accounts don't seem to like Canadian banks. It may be some other issue, but that's the first thing that comes to mind.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I am not certain but I think it's a ebay USA acount. It is a very old account.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@montrealcycleparts wrote:

I am not certain but I think it's a ebay USA acount. It is a very old account.

That's almost certainly what the issue is then.  Contact eBay through social media (eBay For Business on Facebook) and see if they can help you.  There's a few threads here somewhere with people talking about this exact issue as well and what they did / were trying.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@montrealcycleparts 

The phone reps have a terrible reputation for getting you off the phone as soon as possible even if that means giving you the advice you want to hear instead of the advice you need to have.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.

https://www.instagram.com/ebayforsellers/

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

The social media Chat accounts are covered by trained eBay employees with some authority.
And you get a transcript so you can compare what you heard with what you were told.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@flipistics wrote:

Is your account registered with eBay Canada or eBay USA?  It seems the majority of the people who have issues like this have an older account that was registered on eBay USA, and those accounts don't seem to like Canadian banks. It may be some other issue, but that's the first thing that comes to mind.

@flipistics 

@montrealcycleparts 

devon@ebay 

It's too bad after all this time that eBay can't publish a solution because there have been sellers that had it resolved. There has to be a "this is the problem...This is the solution", lightbulb moment in 3 years  + MP. I've looked all through eBay help on ca/com and I can't find a anything specific!!!

-Lotz

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Personally with desjardins since a month and selling on .ca in cad everything works. If this can gives any clues. 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Hello I contacted the FB page Ebay for business and they gave the the run around circling back to Customer service. closing in on 4 months now. No help from them.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Hello, No help from, the facebook page. They just said sorry and sent me back to the other channels.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I am a ebay.com seller and not an ebay.ca seller

I prefer the stability of prices in USD as my buyers are all American.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply