What's the average wait time to receive payout into Tangerine bank?

I was hoping my fellow eBay sellers could answer a banking question that I can't seem to get answers anywhere else. I had a payout Saturday morning into my Tangerine account, this is gonna be my first payout with Tangerine. I haven't sold here in a long time and I know how eBay and it's employees operate. Because eBay doesn't do express payment anymore I don't trust %100 that my $400 has been sent. So the question is I had a payout that eBay says is sent at roughly 8am Saturday April 20 2024 but when will I see these funds in my Tangerine account? I'm new to the bank and liike I said it's my first payout with Tangerine so if anyone knows all the processing timea and how the weekends work and effect payouts .I would appreciate getting some proper information as I mentioned there is none out there.
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

marnotom!
Community Member

You've asked an interesting question, as deposits to Tangerine appear to be pretty problematic for many Canadian eBay sellers.

https://www.google.com/search?q=tangerine+ebay

Usually, new or sellers with a long period of inactivity are subject to having their payments put on hold for up to 30 days, no matter what bank the payout is being sent to.  Your post states that you had your payout made today.  Was there a hold prior to that?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Ya I saw the complaints but I was able to add my account with no issues and eBay withdrew from my account while back so the banking so far seems to be fine. I am curious about how long the withdrawal will take though because I honestly trust eBay 0.. I'm actually surprised they are still around.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Sorry to answer your question it's a little complicated because I didn't sell anything. I don't really wanna get into it right now but if you wanna know I'll come back in a few days and tell you the story. It's pretty unbelievable what happened to me here recently.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

The money a new seller earns is Held for up to 30 days.

Then it is transferred to the seller's checking account.

Sounds like you are at that point. 30 days passed, transfer made, money not yet in account.

The time depends on the bank.

Mine seems to arrive within 24 hours. DH mentions 24-48 hours.
But Tangerine does not play well with eBay, although most of that seems to be in setting up the account.

Best wishes.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I use Tangerine, with eBay weekly payouts on Tuesdays.

I expect to see deposits to my account be there by Wednesday night.

Since Saturday and Sunday are not "bank" days, I suspect Monday or Tuesday for your Saturday deposit.

eBay says 1-4 business days for payouts to show up.

https://www.ebay.ca/sh/fin/payouts

Message 6 of 6
latest reply