ALL MY LISTING DESCRIPTIONS ARE BLANK!

In fact every listing i look at on Ebay has the description field blank.  I am hoping it is a browser issue.....i'm using Microsoft Edge.

This is probably yet another Ebay glitch.........i have really had it with this company.  It's like it's run by high school  kids.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Fine for me on app and browser. Might just be you
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

that's a relief......what browser are you using?

if it's just me i could care less.....i haven't bought anything on Ebay for ages so i don't need to see other sellers' listing descriptions.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Everything is fine for me also, I use Safari on Mac. I checked a couple of your listings and everything is showing fine. You might just need an update. I had something similar happen a few months back (not just here on eBay on many sites as well) where I could see parts of the page, or just the titles but the rest was blank. Apparently I was behind a few updates (I tend to ignore the reminder messages though I know I shouldn't!)

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

thanks for the info.  I am totallly up to date.  It's either my computer or as i suspect,  ebay is not properly supporting Edge.  Edge is a widely used browser so they should be more on the ball.....espeicially at Christmas time.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

i checked listings on ebay.ca and the descriptions are visible.  So it's only on .com there is the problem

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

And now descriptions are visible on .com once again.    Seems to have just been a temporary glitch.  I know they were visible yesterday, but since at least 6am ET today they weren't, until now.  Also probably just confined to Edge.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

byto253
Community Member

Did you download and try a different browser as a test? Firefox would be a good one for that.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

No, i made absolutely no changes to my computer.  Didn't even clear cache or reboot.  The descriptions just started to reapppear again....on .ca first (mind you i'm not sure they were ever missing on .ca) and then a few minutes later on .com.  Although i did discover after my post that not every listing had a visible description, many did but not all, but as time went on they all seemed to reappear and every listing i check now has visible description.  

So it must have been some type of outage effecting just Edge users for a few hours.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply