Adding .CA listing to post on ebay UK. Seeking clarity with shipping fees.

Hello.

My listings that are posted to the UK site through the "additonal eBay site UK" options are having issues. I'd like to post the odd listing on UK here and there with simplicity to the buyer and reduced long term effort to myself.

UK buyers are showing a flat shipping fee when I have set them to be "contact seller for pricing". Contacting me for pricing without a listed shipping fee on the ads is the intention.

I believe it is applying my domestic Canadian shipping flat fee as domestic on the UK site.

Please tear this apart for me. 

Blessings.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

If I were to guess at the root of the problem it may be that by not specifying a UK shipping service you are short circuiting the system.  I'm speculating that the site visibility add-on requires that a UK shipping service be specified just as if you were listing directly on the UK site, not finding one it sounds like it is using your ebay.ca domestic service instead which is crazy. It may not be possible to accomplish what you want to do using site visibility. To be honest I never use it and often sell to buyers in the UK.

An alternative would be to list on ebay.co.uk directly but you would still be required to specify a UK shipping service. Keep in mind when listing on the UK site that Domestic shipping specifies service to UK addresses. Domestic Flat rate shipping is required in combination with a service similar to "economy shipping from outside of the U.K."

If you are registered as an "individual" on ebay Canada then listing on the UK site is straight forward, at least it is for sellers still receiving funds through Paypal, just logon and list free.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

ist on ebay.co.uk directly but you would still be required to specify a UK shipping service.

Well, no.

Just as we can list on dotCOM and ship using Shipping from an International Location, so can we from the UK site.

And you named it a few lines later as "economy shipping from outside of the U.K."

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

That shouldn’t be possible......Are you sure that those listings aren’t showing you the price to ship to Canada? When you click on the listing itself does it show you the shipping cost to the UK or Canada?

Which listing in particular are you referring to?  On the .ca site all but 3 of your listings are showing shipping to the UK and when I look at your Pokémon Trainer box on the UK site it shows that shipping is not specified to the UK.  Btw, because there is no shipping cost it is the very last listing when searching by lowest price plus shipping so it would benefit you to specify a price for the UK.

If you list directly on the UK site you must specify a shipping cost for the UK.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply