Forum Posts

An email I got from Shippo

Support for TLS 1.0 & 1.1 to the Shippo API and App is ending on April 30, 2020.Translation: If you are using a very old internet browser or TLS version, you need to update to continue to use Shippo.Do I have to do something? What does this actually ...

Buyer Violates eBay Policy, eBay sides with Buyer

Hello everyone, I am new to eBay as a seller but am an established eCommerce seller on other platforms.I wanted to ask if situations such as the one I described is a norm as a seller on eBay? As this is not normal on the other platforms that I also s...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 2 replies
  • 1 helpful

Shipping with new Seller Update

Good Day, Does anyone know when the new shipping label platform will be available for use? I have tried a few times to use it and I either get an error or I get redirected to Shippo. Thanks for any help you are able to provide.

Orders to Far Off Lands

Have you had an order to a far away place recently? Were you nervous to ship? How did it go? Which service did you use? Did it arrive at the speed of light or like waiting for paint to dry? Any details how the customs procedure went? Add your experie...

eBay Store Markdown Manager not working. Not marking down items, taking to long to process request.

Ok guys I think I'm taking one for the team here and trying to figure out why: The eBay Store Markdown Manager not workingIts not marking down itemsits says its processing but taking way too long. (Was working fine last night)Markdown sale manager is...

Quarterly Credit For Promoted Listing Fees

I'm curious if others have noted receiving any Promoted Listing fee credits. There is documentation in the ebay.com help pages stating that store subscribers and Top Rated Sellers receive quarterly credits towards PL fees but I've never been able to ...

Sell Similar/Draft Photos Not Changing

For some reason the photos in my draft is not changing to the ones I changed it to. I usually just copy one of my existing listing and copy it and change the photo but some of them are not changing. Is this a glitch? Thanks!

Interesting solution ebay, thank you.

Most sellers know that the new ebay policy of having our GTC's always renew on the same day of the month that they were started. I was a little concerned about how all my GTC's that would have ended on the 30th of the month. I was charged for a few l...

• 0 replies
  • 1 helpful

Listing on ebay.com as a Canadian.

I list using Inkfrog and checked ebay.ca as the site I list from. I'm wondering now if I should put ebay.com instead. I ship worldwide and so assumed this doesn't make a difference. I recently created a new template though and redid all of my listing...

Resolved! Switching Storefront to another user ID

Can a premium or basic storefront be switched from one user ID to another if both those IDs are owned by the same person? I ask because it would help me decide what store name to go with. I want to phase out an old name I've used in different media f...

8 days to pay?

Is the unpaid item process ridiculously long or am I missing something?Buyers are supposed to pay within two days, but I can’t open a case until 4 days have passed. Then the buyer gets another 4 days to pay, for a total of 8 days to pay when it’s sup...

• 9 replies
  • 1 helpful

costumer service

I'm still new to selling on Ebay but am i right in saying as a paying seller i am not able to contact costumer service using Email??? Please tell me this is not true!!

Resolved! The 2020 Spring Seller Update

This has shown up on the .com community boards: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/The-2020-Spring-Seller-Update-is-coming-this-Wednesday/ba-p/30705322

Worst Year Ever for Holiday Shipping Delays!

I've learned my lesson. I won't be selling next Christmas, if at all in late 2020. The past two years, I've sold about 20% of what I usually sold over the years, so I was happy to have some nice sales in early to mid-December. Large items I shipped w...

• 37 replies
  • 4 helpful

Shipping to a Chinese character address

Had a nice sale to China today, but I wanted to track it, rather than ship untracked via LetterPost as usual.Was horrified by cost, naturally.Normally I would add most of the postage as stamps purchased at a discount, but the buyer's address was in C...

Useless factoid about credit card merchant account fees.

I was in my favourite coffee shop* today and asked the owner how much he paid in credit card fees.His answer, 2.9%, surprised me.First because his average sale would be between $4 and $10, since he only sells beverages and pastry.And second because t...

List Item

Ok I posted my first listing, Now what? It does not tell me it was posted ?

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

It pays to ship to PO Boxes & APO

It's really interesting that I've had some good sales to users who have PO Boxes or to US users who are currently deployed, and in fact, in some cases I think it's my willingness to ship without restriction in the US that has actually gotten me some ...

Resolved! Trying to pay for buyers return. Ebay help phone was an disappointing experience.

Hi, I have had a buyer message to say they were unhappy with a purchase. They explained why and I politely pointed out that all those issues are all explicitly explained in the condition. But in order to make the customer happy I thought I would just...

• 2 replies
  • 1 helpful

usa sales tax ???????????????

eBay needs to inform potential buyers that they are going to have to pay sales tax, on top of their order price prior to them using buy it now or best offer, because i am seeing a lot of people not wishing to pay when they see the tax added to their ...

• 20 replies
  • 5 helpful

Resolved! Would someone please check tracked packet rate

I need to send a light package to Australia by tracked packet rate. On the chart that zee-chan kindly gave the International tracked packet rate is from 23.98-27.24, but when I put the stats into the Canada Post site, the rate comes up as $37.45. It ...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Buyer addresses/info

I think it would be very helpful if the ui for inputting shipping addresses on the buyer's side would auto-correct for formatting and checking for legitimate addresses. Also it should be required to input an email address and phone number as phone nu...

• 6 replies
  • 1 helpful

Is Interac e-transfer a valid form of payment?

I've been using standard PayPal for my sales. A potential buyer has asked me to accept an interac e-transfer. It seems like a reasonable thing to do so I poked through my account settings and was not able to find how to set it up. Is this a valid for...

• 15 replies
  • 0 helpful

On sold items, is there any way to see buyer's shipping, vs shipping I would have paid?

Apologies for the mouthful in the title, so let me clarify. I'm trying to find the total, shipping inclusive prices people are willing to pay for things, but whenever I browse sold goods to get a feel for prices, it seems like it's always displaying ...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Shipping dvd season in Canada

Hello wondering how folks ship a dvd season in canada as in bigger than normal dvd, maybe if its laid out flat does that help? Any advice still learning and realizing may not be worth to ship dvds

Item number changed? Things that make you go hmmmm...

I believe this is the 2nd time this has happened, I'm mentioning here incase anyone else experiences it. It is most concerning to me if it is happening because I use the item number as my filing system. If the number changes, it won't be findable by ...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Ebay site says i cannot sell at this point as their site is down

This has been going on for months now and I cannot seem to resolve the issue. Ebay continues to state that the site is down which does not allow me to Sell. What is the resolution for this as I know a number of folks have had the same issue. I am usi...

• 18 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Where is the link?

What is the link called where is shows if a bidder from a blocked country has tried to purchase? I lost several bookmarks in the change to Windows 10. I have sometimes found a US buyer is blocked when they should not have been, so I can then allow it...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful
Labels