Scams with multiple purchases one transaction input needed

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've seen  some sellers have claims made with multiple small price purchases with one buyer through feedback and on the odd forum thread.

Does this occur a lot in your experiences ?

Im considering using the stop buyer function to limit  purchases  within a time frame

Any suggestions or  pitfalls of limiting good customers? 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the transaction details grab a coffee its good! 

I had a rash of 10+ loose movie purchases from two buyers that I knew were going to be trouble due to Canada post service disruptions  (international) (I ship letter mail). Had a few in the same day its like I was targeted. (not under this user ID)

normally i sell onesies or three at most..

Now I swallowed my pride and paid for tracking because these types of transactions usually become INR claims without tracking.

So I get an email today One blu-ray is scratched damaged caused from spinning in case its common LOL , well that's pretty much impossible I ship well protected .

I responded with you can file a claim as i'm not a quibbler just get it over with is my motto; well **bleep** he's good within a second it was processed. 

I almost choked on my coffee when he shows a picture of what looks to be a game disc the ones where they get the lines from spinning usually the ps3  do this because of soft polycarbonate dvds.

He stated the blu ray was damaged from spinning in the case , blu rays have very hard polycarbonate coating they don't scratch like that. 

And what case it a loose disc no case. Items are securely  attached to a foam shipper in a sleeve.

Second point I throw out blu-rays with any damage other then maybe a faint hairline mark.

Anyways I  refunded him the single item which i'm sure he was hoping for the whole order to be refunded and  reported him.

Hope this info helps anyone and you enjoyed reading it.. Happy Selling and stay safe.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Typical... if someone wants to scam us badly enough, and we happen to ship tracked (and they weren't expecting that!) they'll almost certainly SNAD.

I really wish reporting them made a difference. Sadly, it doesn't. I find a PSA to the selling community through follow-up feedback is worth the time, though. I've canceled transactions that smelled suspicious and were confirmed through feedback
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
@teenytrinkets
Typical... if someone wants to scam us badly enough, and we happen to ship tracked (and they weren't expecting that!) they'll almost certainly SNAD.

I have a bad habit of putting in the tracking number I really want to catch one in the act one day.. just a pet peeve haha.

I've pretty much noticed all the claims I've had come from the states , in conclusion they can buy movies from their own country. Proudly Canadian!
Message 3 of 3
latest reply