An "Invitation Only" Promotion

18 REPLIES 18

No invitation for me, on either account - by email or through "My Messages". 😞

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

If you get an invitation, please read the terms very carefully.

Please note: For sellers listing with any tool other than the latest version of the Sell Your Item form (SYI 3.0), the Promotional Rate will not be shown during the listing process. Instead, the discount will be reflected in the "View Account Status" section in My eBay, as well as in your next invoice.

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

nan*55
Community Member

I got it! First one in months!!!!

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

The wording of the promotion says the promotion will not use the 50 free. Since 50 free is for non store accounts then it implies that the promotion will be sent to non store accounts only. So is the promo for non store only?

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

So is the promo for non store only?

I've always assumed that the invites were for non-store owners because of the 50 free listing wording.   And that store owners were only included when the promotion was for "all sellers" like the one last month.

For those who haven't yet received an invite, don't lose hope 🙂   There have been occasions when my invite didn't come until the first day of the promotion, and sometimes late that day.

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Finally got one!! Only in my emails for the moment. Nothing yet in eBay Messages.

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Finally got one!! Only in my emails for the moment. Nothing yet in eBay Messages.

It's one or the other.  They never show up in both your Inbox and your eBay Messages. 

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

No invite for me, but I can't complain as I had been invited to the last three promos.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

I got the invite, but for some reason I'm not getting the free listings - -they are coming off my 50 monthly freebies......  a bit confused. 

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Did you list before 12:01 a.m. Eastern time?

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

"It's one or the other.  They never show up in both your Inbox and your eBay Messages. "

Oops!  For the first time, I received the message in both.  However, not on the selling I.D. I was hoping for, which I consider my primary one.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

"However, not on the selling I.D. I was hoping for, which I consider my primary one."

The second I posted this, I noticed a new message in this account which was the invitation.  So check again, because this isn't the first time I've received the message the first day of the promotion.

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

It's one or the other.  They never show up in both your Inbox and your eBay Messages. 

Yes they do show up in both for me. Just received it today in my eBay messages (even if it is dated yesterday!)

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

I got this invitation also. Unfortunately for me, fixed priced items ( even with " free " shipping ) do not sell well. Not sure what I might be doing wrong, but, that's how it goes.

Message 15 of 19
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am curious as to who would be able to list up to 40,000 listings in 5 days?  I was able to list up to 1,500 but cannot do more unless I work straight 24/7 without sleeping, eating, etc.

Anyone knew who can do that?  I don't see how it is possible.  I am sure not even with Turbo Lister (too much error and hassle)?

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

With Turbo Lister you can list as much as 5,000 at a time. So it is possible to do 40,000

I would guess that most people with anywhere near that quantity of inventory would first list 20,000 for 3 days and then another 20,000 one June 10th. With Turbo Lister you need to treat it with special care when working with high volume of listings.  There are some tricks to keeping it working error and hassle free.

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

I suspect sellers listing more than 10,000 listings at the time do not use Turbo Lister but the File Exchange tool.

Upload directly to eBay from an Excel file.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/import-csv.html 

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just checked this link.  Ha, it is 124 pages, believe me, no way!  Too much!!  3-5 pages would be sufficient!!

Message 19 of 19
latest reply