Another promotion today and still not invited to the dance.Over a year now.

When is ebay going to get out of the way and start treating everyone equal.If you give out 500 or a 1000 free inserts,give it to everyone,not just the same group every every month.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I get the offer every time, in spite of the fact , that I have had no views and no sales for a long time.

This may be why you are getting the promotion, to keep your listings up, instead of losing you as a seller.

Meanwhile, those of us with consistent sales are cut out, because the sales keep us selling.

Promotions are for the benefit of eBay not of sellers or of buyers.

Cui bono?

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

The bots can't be "talking"  to each other.  I get the offer every time, in spite of the fact , that I have had no views and no sales for a long time.  I will continue to list, so long as I don't have to pay.   I'm fortunate, that this is a hobby for me, which I used to enjoy.  Now, not so much.  Those who created the bots, are to blame for this.  I have to wonder, doesn't anyone look at the statistics, or is that just more bots.  The movie "I, Robot" comes to mind.  Those of you who are science fiction buffs, know what I mean.  Everyone else can just have a good laugh.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I get the offer every time, in spite of the fact , that I have had no views and no sales for a long time.

This may be why you are getting the promotion, to keep your listings up, instead of losing you as a seller.

Meanwhile, those of us with consistent sales are cut out, because the sales keep us selling.

Promotions are for the benefit of eBay not of sellers or of buyers.

Cui bono?

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

At this point, I consider myself a lister, not a seller.  I list collectible eclectic items, fairly priced, most with free shipping, but with no views, not much hope of selling.  The invisibility started after christmas.  As that is obviously out of my control, no amount of promos will do me and others like me any good.  This may not be applicable to sellers with stores, so my posts here are not relevant.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I was invited on my BUYING account (that I've never listed & sold a single item on). For months on end, I haven't received any invitations or promos on any of my store/selling accounts, but every month, I get an invitation to my useless account that I don't use for selling. I think they're only giving them out now to people who haven't sold yet or who hardly make any sales (to non-store subscribers). Booooo to them!
Message 5 of 5
latest reply