Bank information and Ebay information Managed Payments

jcd931
Community Member

Hi all.  I'm going to try to set up my managed payments information, but before I start, I'd just like some clarification from those who have already signed up.  I clicked on the link I was provided on ebay.ca yesterday, but I backed out, as I have a couple of questions.  I'm a private user account, as opposed to a business account, so I'll continue with that.  My ebay account information shows me as J. Smith, but the bank account (Canadian $)  I want to use is showing Jane Smith John Smith, as it's a joint account.  Am I going to run into issues with this and if so, should I or CAN I change the ebay account information to Jane Smith John Smith to coincide with the banking information, or should I set up a bank account for J. Smith?  Thanks for your help on this.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

The name on your eBay account must be exactly the same as on your bank ccount..  same speliing. 

Open a bank account with the name as J. Smith.

This will be your payout account and will be the only bank account that eBay can access.

Your name as J. Smith is the only thing that will be the same on your eBay account and your bank account....  and is most likely used to link your eBay account with your bank account.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

This past week's Chat had a Managed Payments representative answering user questions. Have a look at the rep's response to a very similar question. Have a look at message 21 / 25.

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Chat-Session/April-14-2021-Weekly-Session-Managed-Payments/td-p/...

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I would set up a no fee bank account for ebay use.

Some examples:

* tangerine.com (formerly ING Direct, now owned by ScotiaBank)

* simplii.ca (formerly PC Financial, now owned by CIBC)

* MotusBank.ca (owned by Meridian Credit Union)

The 3 mentioned above are all online banks with no fee chequing accounts.

-..-

Message 4 of 4
latest reply