Buyer hasnt received item yet

Sold my first item on Ebay recently and buyer hasn't received item yet .Expected delivery date has passed and I am getting item delayed on Canada Post site .I'll try to make this short but basically listed item for North America and buyer from Israel asked if I would ship to Israel.They agreed to pay the postage so I shipped tracked packet international for a cost of $100 .Shipped by Canada Post and recieved no tracking updates from them after Sept 30th (shipped on the 27th).After some research found out USPS took over shipping when parcel arrived in Jamaica ,New York.So USPS tracking show it arrived in Israel on Oct 6th and thats the last tracking I recieved .Israel Post hasn't got any record of it so I assume it got stuck in customs or lost .Expected delivery was the 24th of Oct which is 3 days ago.So its been in Israel for almost 3 weeks and no tracking info and I dont know where the parcel is.I have been in touch with the buyer and updated them and so far they are just going to wait.Being my first sale maybe I am worrying over nothing but wanted this to go smoothly.Any advice on what to do next.
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Buyer hasnt received item yet

Don't worry. As I remember, all items I shipped to Israel were late (both, tracked and not tracked).  It usually took about 6 weeks to arrive. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

.Expected delivery date has passed and I am getting item delayed on Canada Post site ....So USPS tracking show it arrived in Israel on Oct 6th and thats the last tracking I recieved ....I have been in touch with the buyer and updated them and so far they are just going to wait.

In future, do NOT do this. If the buyer contacts you, of course you respond promptly and politely. But do not ever tell the buyer there is a problem.

In my opinion the Israeli PO is very inefficient and is one of only four countries I simply will not ship to.

Fortunately, so far your customer understands the problem so there's that.  Fingers crossed.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I left out the part whereby the buyer did contact me first wondering why they hadn't recieved any tracking updates in 3 weeks.Thats when I checked into it and discovered that USPS was the service that delivered the item to Israel.I contacted the buyer and told them to use USPS tracking to get better and more up to date tracking.But I will keep your advice in mind next time.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

You already did the right thing by sending it with Tracked Packet, so now you'll just have to sit back, relax, and wait. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply