C'mon Ebay!!! Fix the International Block Bug! Now I can't sell "Mascara" to the US!!!

So, as you've read in another thread, some of us cannot sell "masks" to any country but the site you list on.

Now I've discovered ebay is blocking my newly listed MASCara in the US!

Check your listings for international blocks!!!

I WANT MY FEES REFUNDED, but no one is responding.

tyler@ebayAny leads!?!?
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

C'mon Ebay!!! Fix the International Block Bug! Now I can't sell "Mascara" to the US!!!

Seems the bots are running wild without adult supervision. Your situation is beyond ridiculous.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Totally! But it really serves as a warning to ALL sellers to check your view counts on your listings and do some spot check searches! Because now my findings have proven that they're blocking internationally for STRINGS of certain characters!!! What other strings are they blocking!?

It's beyond frustrating that I can't SPEAK to someone to explain the issue. Every time I call, I can't reach a live agent. I'm only able to chat or email, and I get nowhere. But I suspect a phone call would lead to the same place.

I hope tyler@ebay can forward to a supervisor or give me contact info for someone who won't give me the runaround...

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Hi @teenytrinkets - thanks for your patience on this topic while I'm working to have this reviewed. 

From what I've been able to find out this is related to Covid filters, and should only be blocking the ability for an item to show up in search on sites other than the one on which it was listed. That is, it won't keep you from listing the item and won't pull the item down. 

While I wait for more information on any workaround or resolution, you could consider manually listing items on both .com and .ca to make sure they show up on both sites. Just make sure that they don't offer shipping to either country (meaning don't offer shipping to Canada on your .com listing and vice versa). You'd need to manage quantity numbers so you don't end up oversold too. 

I know that's not a particularly elegant solution, but it will at least allow you to get items up and out there. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 4 of 4
latest reply