Changes on .ca to blocked buyer list?

There was a thread on the US board a while ago about changes to the bbl and the way it works.  devon@ebay  have the following changes been made on .ca too?

I'm just going to copy and paste some of the information from that US thread.  Please tell us if this is exactly how the bbl works on this site as well.

On the Buyer Management page, sellers can add buyer IDs to their Blocked Buyer List. There's a setting on that page called "don't allow blocked buyers to contact me."

In the past, that setting affected both buyers blocked by the BBL and buyers blocked by buyer requirements (location, UPI strikes, etc).

eBay made a change. That setting now applies exclusively to buyers blocked by buyer requirements.

When the 'don't allow blocked buyers to contact me' setting is disabled, it no longer applies to people on your BBL.

If a buyer is on your BBL they are blocked from messaging you, even when there's a recent transaction.

Sellers that choose to allow communications when buyers are blocked are now out of luck when they want to protect their accounts from future purchases while simultaneously communicating with a buyer to work out any issues.

There is another block function which is through eBay messages. (click on action/block this member).

Using that function does add a buyer to your BBL as confirmed by Kyle from the Community Team.

When a seller messages a buyer on their BBL, the messages do go through to the buyer. When the buyer replies to the seller, on the buyer's end it looks like the messages go through, but the seller will never see those messages.

When a buyer initiates messaging to the seller it  looks like the messages go through from the buyer's side, but the seller will never see those messages. The blocked message appears only if the buyer attempts to purchase an item from the seller.

To clarify, if a buyer is blocked because of  shipping requirements or has too many unpaid item strikes, you still have a choice of whether or not you want to block those buyers from communicating. 

But if you put the buyers name directly on your blocked buyer's list, they will not be able to communicate with you. They can send messages but the seller won't see them or know they were sent.

Devon please let us know whether these changes apply to us and if there is going to be an announcement explaining the details. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Changes on .ca to blocked buyer list?

devon@ebay 

Please confirm if the above changes have been made on .ca.

If they have, I think that it is a really bad idea to instantly block buyers that have had a recent transaction.  Even if the seller chooses not to deal with that buyer in the future, they should be able to receive messages from the buyer about a  transaction from the last 30 or 60 days.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Changes on .ca to blocked buyer list?

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

devon@ebay 

Please confirm if the above changes have been made on .ca.

If they have, I think that it is a really bad idea to instantly block buyers that have had a recent transaction.  Even if the seller chooses not to deal with that buyer in the future, they should be able to receive messages from the buyer about a  transaction from the last 30 or 60 days.

Hi @pjcdn2005! I apologize for the delay on this but I did get this over to the product team to review and look into as they are unaware of any changes to the BBL on .ca. I will reach back out to them again to see what they were able to find. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply