Charged for a shipping label for an item sold MONTHS ago? (Also, other eBay support options?)

I recently sold an item for $57.55 + $15.47 shipping. The item was sold on March 17th, and the shipping label fee was deducted March 25th. 

Sometime after that, I went into my eBay to see what my total payout would be, and it showed only $14.94 !!

I checked the transactions under payouts etc, and it showed that on March 26th, $27.14 was deducted for a shipping label. The details show the label is for an item that was sold months ago, on December 1st! 

I can't tell if it is a duplicate shipping charge, but even if it's not, I don't understand why it was deducted almost 4 months later?? I have been tight on funds lately, (hence selling things on eBay) and was counting on money from this item. I know Ebay deducts their fees, but I was not expecting to get less than $15 for an almost $60 item!

I have tried getting in touch with eBay support, and the only option I get is for them to call me. I have tried this several times; I get a call, I answer it, no one answers back, the call disconnects, and then I get a "sorry we missed you" email. (My cell reception has been fine when this happens)

There seems to be no other support options that I can find. I have used chat support in the past but can't find this option now. I would even settle for email!

Can anyone provide either info on why I was charged for this shipping months later, OR direct me to another form of eBay support? 

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Charged for a shipping label for an item sold MONTHS ago? (Also, other eBay support options?)

marnotom!
Community Member

@tay_potay wrote:

There seems to be no other support options that I can find. I have used chat support in the past but can't find this option now. I would even settle for email!

For chat, start by clicking/tapping the "contact us" button near the bottom of this page:

https://www.ebay.ca/help/home

You'll have to navigate through a few other pages, but you'll come to one with a "Chat with us" link eventually.

Also consider using the Facebook or Twitter contact options.  You'll find links to those on the bottom of the page in the desktop version of the site under "Stay Connected".

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Re: Charged for a shipping label for an item sold MONTHS ago? (Also, other eBay support options?)

https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=en

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Was this a domestic or international shipment? Using Canada Post? Which service?

This could be an adjustment made by the carrier because of dimension weight.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply