Check your views, mine down 80% in 1 day..

My views have collapsed 3 days ago and now I'm getting only 20% of the views I was getting before.

Would there be compensation offered to store owners for this?

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Check your views, mine down 80% in 1 day..

There has to be something wonky happening with views. I did up some new listings today and I know I saw zero views and was wondering why the slow start (I usually get at least a few!) but then noticed I miraculously had 2 watchers on an item that had zero views! So something is just not counting views correctly right now I guess.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

My sales also collapsed with it so I don't believe it's just views being displayed wrong to clients.

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

@msau4301 wrote:

There has to be something wonky happening with views. I did up some new listings today and I know I saw zero views and was wondering why the slow start (I usually get at least a few!) but then noticed I miraculously had 2 watchers on an item that had zero views! So something is just not counting views correctly right now I guess.

User don't have to view a listing page to watch a listing, it can be done directly from search results.

When you say you usually get "at least a few" is that from the "old days" prior to last May (when eBay still counted bot views) or more recently?

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Thank you, I didn't realize people could watch directly from search without viewing page. (I'm always learning.)

@recped wrote:

When you say you usually get "at least a few" is that from the "old days" prior to last May (when eBay still counted bot views) or more recently?

I mean recently. I mostly do auctions so am often doing up new listings or re-listing when they end (auctions still work for me, so I still use them). When they go up "new" I think that helps with quick views.  Maybe for people who have newly listed checked off. I just looked again and the ones earlier today that showed none, now show I have a few.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

How do your sales compare with April 2022?* With April 2019? With April 2018?

Retail goes in waves. When I had to discuss something complex or design an installation, I'd try to get the customer to come in on Tuesday around 2pm, because that was likely to be the quietest time of the week.

In the same way, you can't sell swimsuits in October or Christmas ornaments in May.

*We have to ignore 2020 and 2021, because of the pandemic surge in online shopping, which disappeared suddenly in January 2021.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

April of each year for the past 5+ years I have more listings but less sales every year.

It's kinda sad but I'm not really focused on that, just the sudden drop of 80% of views 3 days ago. Does anybody else see it in the traffic page? 

I even contacted eBay to find out why and they said my listings were fine then when they couldn't explain the drop and they basically said it just wasn't they're fault.

Now I'm seeing videos pop up online regarding this issue, it's not just Canadians to.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Check your Promoted Listings campaigns. 

It is possible that your campaigns somehow ended. 

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

I supsected that OP was selling in a competitive group of items, so I did some searches and:

-OPs items show as promoted

-OPs items show early in the results

-OPs prices are quite competitive (when the TOTAL) price is considered

Before I did the search I wondered if someone was "outpromoting" them but it does not seem to be the case.

My views are definitely lower, but moreso in the 20% range, no noticeable drop.

@electronicifycanada have you had any defect or late shipping surges or dropped from top rated or anything around the same time??

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

"Would there be compensation offered to store owners for this?" ...HUH? I hardly think so!

Views come, views don't come and so goes the circle of views on eBay or any selling site....

eBay has never guaranteed views, watchers, sales....

C'est la vie!

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Something appears off.  My views are down 40% over the  last 3 days.  Seeing a lot of discussion on other forums / youtube of others experiencing the same.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

IF and I say IF, there is something amiss, must be attached to those of you who use Promoted listings...I see no discussion pertaining to this happening to sellers who do not use Promoted Listings...

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Sometimes i have listings with multiple quantity selling at a good pace and suddently it randomly die. Either it's the algorythm or competitors listing similar item and stealing sales. I stopped trying to understand things like this on eBay. It's too random. Like when you have a quantity of 2 and not selling for 6 months, then suddently sell 2 in 2 days. Or you sell 20 in a month, then sell 2 the next month. I can't count the number of times i've seen suspicious variance like this. Had a listing recently that i listed and sold 1 every 2 days for 2 like weeks, then i have not sold 1 in a month, views randomly dropped by 50-80%.  It's always like that. 

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Here is mine:

Image2.jpg

April 23 - 271 page views (3 sales)

April 24 - 217 page views (0 sales)

April 25 - 69 page views (0 sales)

April 26 - 73 page views (0 sales)

...and if you are asking, what is my reaction ...... here it is .....  😎

istockphoto-977709810-612x612.jpg

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

Could some people be scrambling to get their income taxes filed this week?

Message 15 of 17
latest reply

Generally speaking, it's the same complaint year after year...at this time of year everything slows....it's a cyclical thing and sellers will pull every excuse out there to blame it on including claiming it's the site's fault...

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Hi all! We like to first apologize to any seller that is experiencing a big dip in page views and organic impressions. There is a known issue that has a side wide ticket open to have this resolved. If anyone is running into this they can reach out to customer support and let them know that they are experiencing ALERT14635. This will have your individual account added to the ticket. 

Message 17 of 17
latest reply