Commit to buy not there for americans on .CA

Saturday, I had a buyer contacting me saying she tried to put the items in her cart and she got a message that I do not offer combined shipping, which she knows is not true. I suggested to empty her cart, go on eBay.ca and Commit to buy there. Even sent her a screenshot of what it looks like. She said she did all of this, but when she clicks on BIN on eBay CANADA, she doesn't have the same Commit to buy screen that I have.

Now that is a real problem if Americans (or any other buyer outside Canada), cannot Commit to Buy anymore on eBay Canada...  Woman Mad

EBay should get rid of this stupid shopping cart and go back to the "Commit to Buy" button as it was in the past. At least THAT option was working!

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Message 21 of 26
latest reply

@dutchman48 wrote:

I did the work around and bought every item and then backed out of the cart for each one.

Th\ey are all in the cart and have committed to buy waiting for check out.

Again requested invoice and same message, seller does not allow combined shipping proceed to checkout.

If I was not a seasoned buyer and seller, I would just tell the seller to forget it, not worth the hassels.

Ebay just does not care about their smaller sellers and buyers, and they can deny it all they want and give more song and dance answers that mean nothing and go no where.

Absolutely pathetic for all buyers and sellers.

Sorry not trying to be a pain but just trying to figure out how this works.

I was under the impression that when you put items in a cart and then click on ask for invoice, the system says that by asking for an invoice you are committing to buy the item and then if you agree, you then ask for the invoice and wait for one or you get the seller does not combine message.  It sounds like it didn't work like that though if you had to 'back out of the cart" for each item.  I'm not 100% sure what you mean by that.  Did you basically then just go to each item individually and commit to buy like we used to have to do?

In the past the seller would see the multiple commit to buys and then issue an invoice or we could ask for an invoice through our purchase history. Is it possible to do that now?

Message 22 of 26
latest reply

With items added to cart, and once you request an invoice, you have to commit to buy. You then get the seller does not offer combined shipping.

I emptied the cart and when back to my want list. I used buy it now, which is a pain as it is the 3 click procedure for each item.

I backed out of the cart after each buy it now and all the items were showing purchased in the cart.

I then again requested an invoice and got the same message that seller does not offer combined shipping.

So they are presently sitting in my cart waiting to be paid for.

This is absolutely ridiculous and does nothing to keep the buyer or seller happy, and many new buyers would just say who needs this, and go elsewhere where a cart works as it should.

Does this make it any clearer?

Oh, and it doesn't work which others have also said on the boards.

Message 23 of 26
latest reply

No, the part I was unclear about is still unclear but I'm not going to worry about it.

Yes I realize that others have said it doesn't work. However it often does work so it would be nice to figure

out why it does not work other times.  There must be one or more specific situations that cause a problem.

Message 24 of 26
latest reply

@dutchman48 wrote:

I then again requested an invoice and got the same message that seller does not offer combined shipping.

So they are presently sitting in my cart waiting to be paid for.

This is absolutely ridiculous and does nothing to keep the buyer or seller happy, and many new buyers would just say who needs this, and go elsewhere where a cart works as it should.

I recently got that message when trying to ask for a combined invoice with AUCTIONS I won. The solution I found that worked was "contact seller" and then at the top there is a message in the style of "if you want to request total from seller" link. I clicked on that and it worked. My request was sent. I do agree though that is a big problem with the cart. Even with auctions, the "request total" from the cart does NOT work.

Message 25 of 26
latest reply

What exactly were you unclear about?

Message 26 of 26
latest reply