Did anyone activate the 50,000 good till canceled offer?

I activated it, and now I see a real problem. All my new listings and the relists from my store are going into that offer. I send an email to eBay, but it's hard to understand but I think it can be a problem to anyone who has activated it. Here is the reply that I received.

"I see that you have activated this promotion last 03/23/20 15:27:40 PDT since this is a promotion the system will prioritize this over the free listing you have in your Premium store subscription. The only time that your free listings will be used is if you have used all the free listings in this promotion.

Now, I understand that when the offer closed by Apr 30  that you will pay for the regular items once they got relisted. For this, remember that the item you've listed are Good till canceled format, this means that if the item will not sell after the a month it will be relisted on the same day next month.

For example, if you list an item last Mar 23, 2020 if the item will not sell the item will renewed on the next month by Apr 23, 2020. If you don't want to be charged for the insertion fee for the item, you need to end the item before it got relisted.

Besides, you will be charged for insertion fees only if you go beyond the 1000 fixed price listings in your Premium store subscription."

This looks so complicated to me, I don't know when to cancel my listings, if I do it now and then relist, they will go straight into that 50,000 offer. I wish I had never activated it!

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tyler:

The 50k listing promotion does not re-structure the way that your Good Til Cancelled listings renew, and it will not re-bill your account.

That doesn't seem to be the same as the reply to my email to eBay.

The only time that your free listings will be used is if you have used all the free listings in this promotion.

I will never use all the free listings in this promotion.

Now, I understand that when the offer closed by Apr 30  that you will pay for the regular items once they got relisted.

Sorry, it's so hard to understand this. Will my listing in the offer go back to my store when the 30 days are up?

View solution in original post

Message 15 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

I did activate that promotion & also the one for 200 free listings. Wish I hadn't now. The problem I have now, is that I have so many offers overlapping, that my monthly store promotions that I pay for are not being used. Everytime I post new listings or they are turned over from GTC they are using & deducting from the free offers instead of my store. So basically these offers are useless if you are already paying for a store. Unless you go over your allotted numbers. With my store subscription I have 1000 free BIN & 500 Auction which are not being touched. I should not have accepted them & they should not have been offered to store sellers.

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

Why does it matter if the relists and new listings are being taken from your new listings or the promotion?  They will relist next month if they don’t sell regardless of where they were taken from.  But keep in mind that if you listed 2000 this month you might want to end some early next month so that you aren’t over your store limit when they do relist.

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

@2nd-time-around-jewelry 

Depending on what happens next month....More offers or nada, everything SHOULD roll over to the 1000 and then you would pay the extra on anything over your limit. The store fees you are paying are going for the category options and putting store on holiday. Sounds counter intuitive. I guess it's above our (eBay Sellers) pay grade to understand their rationale.

-Lotz

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

Did you note when you began that promotion?

Mark that date on your calendar.

On that date, or better, the day before that date, go to your Active Listings and check off all those you do NOT want to pay to relist.

If you set your Listings to see 25 at a time, it may feel more manageable.

It looks like you have 841 listings at the moment, with about 35 ending within 24 hours.

So do those today and then repeat tomorrow.

Any you close will go to your Unsold Listings for 90 days, to reopen at will.

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

And in passing,  reopen your listings one at a time, so you can see if you will be charged for the listing.

I don't think that is easy to see, if at all , when you relist in bulk.

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

And in passing,  reopen your listings one at a time, so you can see if you will be charged for the listing. I don't think that is easy to see, if at all , when you relist in bulk.

On a computer browser when relisting in bulk, the cost to relist the batch is shown at the bottom, right hand side. Same line as the "Submit all" button.

-..-

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

What did you think would happen if the items aren't sold?
That's how it's always been, and discussed many times over the years in this forum.

For instance: https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/NON-STORE-SELLERS-List-FREE-200-auction-style-or-fixed-p...
It's a gotcha. You don't get a reprieve for listing thousands of items.
Call me stupid! Wish I had a few thousand more items to list.

Screen.png

I always activate the offers, just because, and regardless of the retardo extra thousands of free listings.
I only have 231 listings, so none of this is of any consequence.

Don't forget to cipher through the mess in 23 days and 59 minutes.
Hint: From the drop down menu → Sort → Time left: ending soonest.

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

I didn't intend listing thousands of item. I had  a few to list and thought that when I reached my 1000 listing in my store, I could list a few on the special listing. I did NOT expect the listing from my store that I have paid for, would go into the special listing and then be charged full price when they reached the relist date. I am paying for my store but I can't put anything in it, it all goes to this 50,000 lot.

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

It looks like you have 841 listings at the moment, with about 35 ending within 24 hours.

So do those today and then repeat tomorrow.

femme, the problem is if I end them now, I can't relist them until April 23rd, they will just go back into this offer.

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @triber - wanting to make sure that I understand so I can share feedback appropriately. 

Will you let me know more about how this disrupts your process? To my thinking if you know how many active listings you have, and sort by 'Start' or 'End' time in Seller Hub you could effectively manage the number of listings you have, regardless of which promotional bucket they pull from. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 23
latest reply

Thank you for responding Tyler. I must say that I am shocked that when I have paid fees for my Premium store, that my relists and new listing have been put into this 50,000 offer which means that my previous free store listings will relist at the full price at the end of the 30 day period. I have checked the instructions on the special listing carefully and this was not made clear at all, I would like to cancel the offer, but can see no way to do this. Now I cannot list any items, and all the relists from my store are now in this 50,000 offer and I will have to spend a lot of time making sure none of them get relisted at the regular price.

Life is stressful enough at the moment without going through this, and with loss of income etc. I can't afford to have to pay full price for relisting, my store cost is coming due on the 15th, and I wonder why I would be paying for a store when I am getting listings that only last 30 days when the special offer was said to be for "extra listing". It isn't, it is obviously for any new or relisted listing from a store that I have paid fees for.

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

Thanks so much for the explanation @triber - I think there may be some confusion!

The 50k listing promotion does not re-structure the way that your Good Til Cancelled listings renew, and it will not re-bill your account. 

For instance, if you had 500 listings in your store, and you activated the 50k promotion - all 500 would renew this month and pull from your 50k promotion, because that's the current promotion with the highest priority. 

Next month, the 500 listings would renew and look for any available promotions and apply them as available. In that case, your 1000 store promotion would apply and the 500 would renew under that promotion without any additional charge.

I hope that helps clear things up and makes things a bit less stressful in this time!  

Tyler,
eBay
Message 13 of 23
latest reply

tyler@ebay 

Has there ever been the thought of allowing a seller being able to re-sort(prioritize) their available listing offers in the order they prefer  to get the best bang for their buck or the alternative when a promotion is accepted it goes to the end of the list. Might reduce the confusion. 

-Lotz

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

Tyler:

The only time that your free listings will be used is if you have used all the free listings in this promotion.

Now, I understand that when the offer closed by Apr 30  that you will pay for the regular items once they got relisted.

Sorry, it's so hard to understand this. Will my listing in the offer go back to my store when the 30 days are up?

Message 15 of 23
latest reply

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies - it's been discussed but the complexity of implementation has kept it from occurring. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 16 of 23
latest reply

@triber wrote:

Tyler:

Hi @triber - Let's see if I can clear things up and not make it worse!

At its simplest: all your listings this month will go back to your store promotion when they renew in May. 

If you list a large number of items this month under the 50k promotion (say, 1200), and none of them sell, as they start to renew in May they will use your store promotional listings. Meaning there is a chance that you would start to be charged after your store promotional listings are used. That's why @femmefan1946 suggested spacing out the number of items you list each day so that you can review and manage them come May and end any you don't want to renew without it being too overwhelming.

Does that help?

Tyler,
eBay
Message 17 of 23
latest reply

Thanks so much Tyler, that helps a lot, I have been really concerned about this. So as long as I don't list over 1000 listing, I will not have any at the end of the month that will relist at the regular price?

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

Happy to help on this @triber - you're correct - as long as you don't list more than your regular store allowance this month (which I think you said was 1000), you won't go over and won't need to do anything next month to avoid any extra insertion fees.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 19 of 23
latest reply

Tyler: Thank you SO much, that puts my mind at rest and I can carry on listing. I really appreciate your patience and help.

Message 20 of 23
latest reply