Ebay Shipping Supplies Coupon January 1 and April 1 2020

Hi. Is everyone getting their store subscription shipping supplies coupons? I didn't get one in the first quarter at all. Haven't got a second quarter one either but under the circumstances things may be complicated. Just wondering if anyone else has received the 1st and or 2nd quarter coupons? Thanks

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

I've been getting mine. Have you checked HERE for the code?

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

@intimewithmusic 

If you received one for the first quarter it would be now expired last day of March at midnight. Sadly they have an expiry date.

-Lotz

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Yes, I know. Forgot about it in the midst of Covid coping... In case they have moved things around can you please tell us where Ebay put the April coupon in your system? Thanks ITWM
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

I've been getting mine. Have you checked HERE for the code?

Yes. Nothing but thanks!

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

It's only the 2nd so you may get it in a few days. The coupon number will be on that page near the top under Coupons.  I can see the previous and the current one there right now.  Your store was started on .ca and it is a basic store or higher?  Just asking because on .com there is a 'starter' store level and I don't think that comes with the store supplies coupon.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Hi.

Update to my missing shipping supply coupons:

Upon contacting Ebay Customer Service via email the SR advised me they weren't sending me coupons because I don't have a store. Funny as I've had a store subscription since September 2019. I sent them copies of my invoices showing the payments for the store subscription and a link to my store. Will let you know what transpired! 

Rats.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @intimewithmusic - not sure what may be happening, but I would check your 'Summary' section (I see yours at the top of the page): https://www.ebay.ca/myb/Summary

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

Hi @intimewithmusic - not sure what may be happening, but I would check your 'Summary' section (I see yours at the top of the page): https://www.ebay.ca/myb/Summary

Thanks!

Hi Tyler,

Thanks for your response.  I haven't heard back from Customer Service. I suppose they are busy with everything being done via email. It looks like there's some sort of a gliche at their end. It may have something to do with a malfunction when I set up my store last September. Something went wrong with the registration. I was forced to cancel after the 1st try and then immediately repeat it.  I called in for help from a CSR and she told me I wouldn't be charged an early cancellation penalty for the retry.  When I was charged the penalty in error I called customer service again and asked for a credit. After that everything was normal with my store and billing. I received the 4th quarter coupon.  Then, in 2020, nothing came and they said I don't have a store.

I just checked my Summary as you suggested. Now the  2020 2nd quarter coupon is there so that is good.

In the 1st quarter as a new seller, I wasn't sure if the coupon came at the beginning or the end of the quarter so I didn't miss it until this past few weeks.

Now I know they come on Jan 1, Apr 1, July 1 and Oct 1 I'll act quickly if they miss me again. Possibly when I hear back with what went wrong Ebay might consider sending me the 1st quarter coupon which would be nice as I did earn it in my subscription.

Thanks again Tyler! 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@intimewithmusic wrote:

tyler@ebay wrote:

Thanks!

Hi Tyler,

Thanks for your response.  I haven't heard back from Customer Service. I suppose they are busy with everything being done via email. It looks like there's some sort of a gliche at their end. It may have something to do with a malfunction when I set up my store last September. Something went wrong with the registration. I was forced to cancel after the 1st try and then immediately repeat it.  I called in for help from a CSR and she told me I wouldn't be charged an early cancellation penalty for the retry.  When I was charged the penalty in error I called customer service again and asked for a credit. After that everything was normal with my store and billing. I received the 4th quarter coupon.  Then, in 2020, nothing came and they said I don't have a store.

I just checked my Summary as you suggested. Now the  2020 2nd quarter coupon is there so that is good.

In the 1st quarter as a new seller, I wasn't sure if the coupon came at the beginning or the end of the quarter so I didn't miss it until this past few weeks.

Now I know they come on Jan 1, Apr 1, July 1 and Oct 1 I'll act quickly if they miss me again. Possibly when I hear back with what went wrong Ebay might consider sending me the 1st quarter coupon which would be nice as I did earn it in my subscription.

Thanks again Tyler! 

Wasn't I supposed to get one in January? Got one in early October and just rec'd one April 3. Here's the SR's April 5 reply. She seems to say I'm up to date getting all of them and no mention of a missing 1st quarter January coupon. What am I not understanding? 

Hello Wayne,

I am reaching out to you today for an update of the issue that you gave us last week regarding your quarterly shipping supply coupons.

Upon thoroughly checking your account we conclude that there are no blocks nor restrictions that should be keeping you from getting the shipping supply coupons.  I do see here that you were subscribed to a store since September and since then you have received two shipping coupons.

One was issued last September 29, 2019 and the second one was issued last March 30th, 2020. The next coupon should be issued around the month of July.

Thank you for your patience regarding this matter. We really appreciate it.

I hope this information is helpful. Thank you for choosing eBay, stay safe.

Sincerely,

Vanessa T.

eBay Customer Support

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Yes there should have been one in January.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Thanks. Today another EBay SR sent me a message saying this;

"Hi Wayne,

Greetings!

Thanks for writing to eBay. I understand that you are concerned since you have not received any shipping supply coupons on January. I’d be more than glad to help you on this.

Wayne, I checked your account indeed, you have no store on eBay.com but instead on eBay.ca which is a Canada site on which you recently subscribe on a store on March 30 of this year. This is the reason why you have not receive a shipping supply coupons.

You are a valued member and I want to thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you today. Thank you so much for your time and trust in eBay and as well for your loyalty.

Please always stay safe with your family!

Best regards,

Cathy C.
eBay Customer Service"

Store Opened September 2019.JPG

Now I don't have a store AGAIN. Gee thanks... I'm starting to feel "invisible".

This isn't just about a $35 shipping coupon. When we could call in a get a rep on the phone we could assess their knowledge and get things fixed. Ebay can't just let them deal with issues from their homes without some inter communication. It obvious from this rep's msg she never even read the information from the two previous reps. 

That's 3 eBay service representatives involved plus "Tyler" (thank you Tyler) to correct an obvious gliche and I am back exactly when I started. Twice they've told me I didn't have a store and I sent them copies of my invoices showing the subscription payments and a link to my store.  I really need that time for other things as does everyone in this crisis. 

How many things could I have listed instead of trying to resolve this?  Times are tough for everyone. I understand. That's why Ebay MUST make sure they have inter communication or delegate one Service rep to 1 file. At the very least a checklist so an unfamiliar rep actually reads the file. Ebay simply can't run on "autopilot".  Of course I'm not going to pursue it.  I was ripped off. Done. 

Here is what scares me; for me this is a red flag that bigger systems may fail. For that reason I've backed up all my photos.  I'm backing up my listing templates and anything else that might save me time replacing my store if Ebay can't adapt to this "Autopilot" and my store or part of it actually does go missing.

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Yes there should have been one in January.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply