Effective Feb 2016, do I have to offer 30 day return policy on my listings?

Effective Feb 2016, do I have to offer 30 day return policy on my listings in order to keep my TRS?

Besides the ridiculous postal delivery standards is there anything else I should be aware of?

More hoops to jump through.  If it's not one thing its another.  I spend all my time just revising my 1,000 plus listings to keep up with all the changes:

• picture sizes to comply
  • simplifying listings for mobile devices
  • UPC codes
  • free shipping offer
  • return policy
  • postal delivery standards - changing all my shipping and handling times.
  • dealing with the Cdn dollar default
  • and I am sure there have been many more. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Effective Feb 2016, do I have to offer 30 day return policy on my listings in order to keep my TRS?

No. As a TRS on .ca, it won't apply to you. The 30 day return requirement doesn't start until May 1 and only applies to sellers who want to have TRSplus on .com.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thanks so much. Anything else that I need to be aware of??
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

EBay has however been recommending a 30-day return policy for some time now.  It isn't mandatory of course, but my view is that it gives buyers a level of comfort and reassurance that the seller is being fair.  

Frankly I feel that anybody who is truly dissatisfied with a purchase -- especially if the item has some value -- is going to make contact pretty quickly after receiving the item if they really want a refund.  After 30 days has passed, the chances get less and less that anyone would bother.  

Message 4 of 4
latest reply