Finally photo mailers on shipping supply site! but...

For those who are interested in spending their shipping supply coupon. It looks like they finally added some photo mailers to the store, which when packed flat will fit in Canada Post letter mail, however they only have one size choice, and the price is quite expensive!

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/eBay-Branded-Mailjacket-Envelope-With-Black-Print-9-x-11-5-No-padding/373045...

I wish they offered more at this store, for years I have purchased bubble mailers or tape every quarter, but alas this quarter I will not, as I have more supplies on hand then I need. If they had photo mailers in 6"X8" I would surely purchase but $80.00 Canadian is a bit rich!

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I would definitely buy those if they were in a smaller size too and  perhaps in a 50 quantity. As far as the price...Uline has similar ones for $68/100 before shipping so $80 probably isn’t out of line for that size, 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Umm-- the point with the shipping coupon is that it reduces the (inflated) cost of the product.

So those $81 photo mailers would only cost me (81-35=)  $46.

Which is lower than the U-Line price also quoted.

Plus shipping.

If you have a higher value coupon, your price would be lower.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

It would be nice if the point of the coupon was to give sellers a deal on shipping supplies while also promoting eBay with branding. Rather than give us a break on inflated priced product! I wonder what they would charge for 6"X8" ones? The last time I ordered them was able to get them for 38 cents each but I had to buy 300 of them.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

No matter what the "deal" the seller wants to make a profit.

I wonder if the seller who supplies these also sells them online at retail? They are certainly supplying them in retail amounts.

The example I gave above did show a better bottom line price than the earlier poster found, but like a lot of advertising the steak was not as good as the sizzle.

I've heard of schools teaching "media literacy" and thought that "adspeak" should be part of it.

Which is cheaper?

A $10 item with $5 sshipping?

or a $15 item with Free Shipping?

See my point?

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I wish they had these while I had my store. I would have bought a lot, since a big part of my items are 8x10 photos... now, without the store coupon, the price is just too high.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Looks like the photo mailer listing is now gone and my original link has been replaced with mail jackets? Go figure???

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Or they changed the name to make it more widely interesting?

There are those who would reject a "photo mailer" for their magazines, or flies, or stamp album pages, because those products are not photos.

Never underestimate....

How does the "jacket" differ from the "mailer" you saw?

And speaking of pictures-- that first one is confusing to me about what was pictured. I looked at it about five times before realizing there were two mailers in the photo.
I am old and dim.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

eBay-Branded Mailjacket Envelope With Black Print 9" x 11.5" are no longer available. 

1855 available 56 sold

Originally the store had 38 listings. It dropped down to 33 with cardboard mailers. Now showing 32 listings.

As a side note if you purchase the 3x3 Stickers in lots of 100 you get a complimentary cardboard mailer. Unfortunately, not resealable. 🙂

-Lotz

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Oh I see-- there is no BUY button on it.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I bought the photo mailers in June, they are so so, not all that sturdy (not like the white ones staples has) I add 2 pieces of chipboard inside them to make them sturdier to feel a bit better about sending them out. So I definitely wouldn't spend $80+ on them unless my whole eBay coupon paid for it (minus taxes). Kinda cheap quality like most of the eBay supplies!

Message 11 of 11
latest reply