First time "sale" issue - any recourse?

A user successfully bid for my item and then asked me to ship out of country, even though listing said Canada only.  When I wouldn't they asked to cancel the order. I did, and then reported the buyer for asking for shipping to a place other than listed. Are there any other things I can do? I can't see where I can give them a negative rating anywhere? After I cancelled, the item failed to relist for some reason? I thought I was supposed to be able to offer to the second highest bidder?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I managed to get it re-listed and and eBay help offered to send a report on the "buyer" as well

I assumed I would not be able to get in touch with anyone as is the case generally these days.

Still pretty frustrating waste of my time and seemingly little repercussions to bidder.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I managed to get it re-listed and and eBay help offered to send a report on the "buyer" as well

I assumed I would not be able to get in touch with anyone as is the case generally these days.

Still pretty frustrating waste of my time and seemingly little repercussions to bidder.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

If this is the listing for the LINKSYS router, you haven't actually excluded non-Canadian bids/purchases.  You've simply not provided international shipping rates and information.

LINKSYS.jpg

Personally, I'd probably ship a $26 item wherever the buyer wants it shipped provided that their correct address is the one being used in the transaction details and they're prepared to pay what Canada Post wants for shipping to their country.  Oh, yeah, and make sure they're aware that the item's power supply may not be compatible with their country's electrical grid.

If you do want to exclude some or all international destinations from your shipping locations, you need to go into your seller preferences and do some tweaking.  Start here:

https://www.ebay.ca/ship/prf

As far as I can see, the only thing your buyer did "wrong" was not to check in with you prior to bidding.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

As @marnotom!  indicated you need to update your exclusion list so that only countries you want to ship to can bid and buy your items.   Pretty well everyone gets snagged on that one when starting out.

In your listings it just has the standard default exclusions: "

Excludes: 
Belarus, Kuwait, Macedonia, Morocco, Qatar, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Ukraine" 

Near the bottom of the listing page look for "Excluded locations(optional)"  and click on that to exclude locations.  

Your buyer actually did not do anything wrong but was opening themselves up to whatever you wanted to charge for shipping.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I can't add a thing to the great advice from the others except to say you have a great user name and if I was you I'd sell shirts with your logo photo on them...  Both are fantastic!

IT

Message 6 of 6
latest reply