Has the seller dashboard changed or is it just messed up

When I check Global which is the main screen, it shows 0 for late shipping and sales are showing wrong amount.

If I switch it to US only, the late shipping defects show up

If any one has late shipping defects, can they check to see what theirs shows?

This just started after the 20th updates.

Thanks

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

I have a US sourced late shipping defect.

I normally am on .COM and mine are correct in both places there.

I checked on .CA and it is correct in both places there as well.

My own rule for the numbers etc is I don't worry about them till they show up on the 2nd (or so) day because there are so many glitches. It looks like you're experiencing one....
Message 2 of 19
latest reply

my defects that i had 1 of, is now gone, it is only showing the last 3 months now on my screen, not the last year.

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

I believe it depends on how many transactions you have...

I think the number is 150* so if you have under 150* transactions in the quarter then it goes back to looking at the full year.

As an example, I have 1 late defect in the USA

It makes my USA rate 0.20% because it is using the whole year.

It makes my Global rate 0.53% because it is using only the last quarter. (because my global numbers are high enough to warrant looking at the last quarter only)

This is confusing as it is only one defect. It is also more confusing when it changes from one month to the next, ie in September it is looking at a year then enough sales were made to jump back to quarterly in the October run and the number changes significantly, just like the example above.

In your example if it goes from annual to quarterly, it drops any defects from the first 9 months that were there earlier....in the reporting. In my example, when a couple more months go by my USA will remain about 0.20 with one defect, but the annual will be ZERO because the defect isn't in the last quarter anymore.

*I'm guessing based on my numbers, I'm still fighting a cold so I don't have the gumption to go looking up what the actual number is.

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

I'm showing a 'late shipment' on the USA side for an item that I had to send a second, replacement item to the USA because Canada Post lost the first one. So when I uploaded the second tracking number for the second one sent, it overwrote the first tracking number which was shipped on time but lost by the carrier. Do I need to call Customer Service and get this fixed? Nothing was shipped late. It was shipped twice. 

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Personally I'd only begin to worry about spending the time on it if you are approaching a % that threatens your TRS discount...
Message 6 of 19
latest reply

I'm not now... But it's possible I might be later at which point it might be too old to remove.
Message 7 of 19
latest reply

The number is 400🙂

My US and global numbers are always based on the last 12 months but the percentages are different because the US rating is based just on US buyers and global on all buyers.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

It will not correct itself so if you are worried about it you would have to phone.  

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

The number is 400🙂

My US and global numbers are always based on the last 12 months but the percentages are different because the US rating is based just on US buyers and global on all buyers.

Hi! The number is 400 a quarter? 

My results don't make sense then?

My results are:

USA is 1 of 510 and is against an annual number/review

Global is 1 of 190 and is against a quarterly number/review

In neither case am I doing 400 a quarter - theoretically the global one says that I am, however the count isn't even half of that.

Yep the % would be also be different because of the "bases" of the fraction are different too, but my discussion is around the quarterly basis vs annual basis differences...that also has a large impact....

Hopefully this makes sense, my coffee may not have taken complete hold yet....

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

I'm showing a 'late shipment' on the USA side for an item that I had to send a second, replacement item to the USA because Canada Post lost the first one. So when I uploaded the second tracking number for the second one sent, it overwrote the first tracking number which was shipped on time but lost by the carrier. Do I need to call Customer Service and get this fixed? Nothing was shipped late. It was shipped twice. 

In my opinion, most definitely.  If the second # overrode the first, then that is what the system is reading.  The system will not be able to understand mitigating circumstances.  It will just show that you "shipped" at that very late date.  

You know the rule, If you don't ask they can't say "Yes".  You also know how 'retentive' the CS reps are about giving anything away.  They might not take it off because the buyer did not get the earlier shipment.  The one the buyer received is the "late" one.  

But its worth a try.  If you have the "late shipment" thing now, at least try to get rid of it.  Succeeding would leave more room for future catastrophes.  We never know what is lurking around the next corner.   😞  

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

That's my concern. I'm own no danger of losing a TRS now but at some point in the future, if things were to go pear-shaped, I might regret not getting rid of it when I could. 

There should be no question that it be removed since i have a demonstrable Acceptance Scan on time for the first item which was immediately lost for half a week once it was accepted. (And then replaced.) The tracking numbers are both reflection the Order Details but, for whatever reason, there is no tracking available on ebay's pages for that first item, only the second. Luckily, Canada Post shows what needs to be seen. It's all there for Customer Service to view and determine no Late Shipment occurred. 

That is, should be no question that it be removed. 

We shall see.

If I'm not back steaming mad by the end of the day, assume I was successful. 

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

Well...... I spoke to three different CRS in three different departments and the people who appeal those 'defects' are not actually working on weekends, 'nor are they defects per se, just Late Shipments'. (?)

I have to wait and see until later in the week if it is removed.

I will call back on Friday if it isn't.

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Yes, for defects and late shipments eBay rates you quarterly instead of yearly if you have 400+ total transactions in the previous quarter.  But the actual percentage for late shipment is based on shipments that have tracking and/or transactions that the buyer has rated as being on time or late.   

Does that make sense?

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Hi Pjc, yep, I re-reviewed the numbers and yes I now understand! Thank you for being persistent!!!
Message 15 of 19
latest reply

Boy, has this gone off topic!

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

The number is 400🙂 

Wasn't it 300 at one point?  Or am in a dream state?  I haven't paid any attention to this because I'm never likely to hit that level of sales, but has it been changed at some point in the last 2 or 3 years?  

If it was changed, that in itself is interesting and worthy of note.  It means eBay has made it harder to get into the "quarterly class" and benefit from regular 3-month rollovers of defects, etc. 

Sorry, I suppose this is still off topic somewhat.  Although to response to 'dutchman's' original point, I did notice yesterday that my 20% discount label had disappeared on my summary page, even though it is still correctly recorded when I go to my dashboard.  I always attribute this -- things disappearing in odd places -- to eBay's programmers messing about in the background for some reason or another.  

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

@dutchman48 wrote:

Boy, has this gone off topic!

Sorry.

To answer your question, my dashboard looks the same as always...no glitches.

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

I don't remember the number changing although it's possible it just slipped my mind. 

Message 19 of 19
latest reply