Heads up sellers - possible PayPal glitch

I just tried to buy on dot ca using money in my PayPal account. When I clicked on PayPal as my paying medium I rec’d a message to choose a payment type (I had already) and was unable to pay. I tried a few times, same message. I then went to dot com, clicked on the item and immediately it asked me to complete my transaction and pay. I had no problem when using the .com site. Btw I was using Chrome as my browser both times. So, if buyers say they are unable to pay, send them over to dot com to pay.

I guess this could mean more lost sales. Sigh.....

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Interesting. Thanks for sharing this, we'll have to raise it with Tyler at the Board Hour if it continues because, yes, payment is important.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Have you had any buyers telling you they have the same problem? I rarely buy, but  I haven't had any buyers saying they have a problem, but in saying that, very few Canadian buyers.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

No Triber, I have not had any buyers say they had a problem when paying. Did have both Cdn and US buyers this weekend. This happened to me late last evening though. Hoping it’s just a glitch.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

We seem to be living in the era of glitches!!

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Community Member

I'm having the same problem...lol

But unfortunately, the .com website is giving me the same error message...

I was fine making my purchases last night...

I logged onto my PayPal and saw a lot of purchase and then refund, purchase and then refund to the same buyer at least six times...and it's making me uneasy...even though they all cancelled out each other. 

I am also using chrome...maybe I should go old school and see if it will work on explorer hehe

Any suggestions?  Many thanks!

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Multiple purchases and refunds? From the same buyer? That's weird. Maybe it's a paypal thing? I had some transaction as a buyer myself from a calendar month ago pop to 'pending' all of a sudden when I've had the item for 3.5 weeks already. 

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Sorry sorry, I meant *seller* lol...oh my where can I edit my posting hahaha, o well...

"I logged onto my PayPal and saw a lot of purchase and then refund, purchase and then refund to the same seller* at least six times..."

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Sorry sorry, I meant seller* lol...too early in the morning...

I then messaged the seller right away to let her know that I wasn't playing around...lol...and she told me that she woke up to multiple messages saying that I paid her, but she didn't see any purchases from me on eBay...so it technically didn't go through...I guess...but attempts were made...a lot of them lol

Maybe its a sign I'm buying too much on eBay lol

I hope when I try again later, it will work...I really don't want to have to call PayPal haha

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Still, that's not at all usual. I think if I saw this on my account, I'd want to call. Something strange is going on. The deal with paypal is that if you actually want to speak to a real, live person, you have to use the magic word, 'AGENT' and not any other of 20 terms I tried the last time I had to call there. You get stuck speaking to a robot (or in my case yelling random words into the phone at one while my husband laughed at me) and it made me want to stab my brain with a pencil. Agent. Agent. Agent. Then you get a human. 

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

This is an issue that arises from time to time.

If the buyer is already signed into PayPal, the purchase will succeed without fail.

Simply log into PayPay first, then go back to eBay.ca to pay for items.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

I just got a sale this morning from a repeat buyer in Europe. My listing was a .ca listing but I have no idea which site she bought it from, but I got my payment just fine. It’s something that’s between 250-300g too, so I could’ve saved a few dollars if Light Packet was still around... sob

Message 12 of 12
latest reply