Held funds !

So I sold something a couple of weeks back , and eBay put a hold on funds as I haven’t been active for a while .. fair enough. I shipped item, -and Uploaded tracking . Then I get a message saying that funds will be held for a month as delivery postcode didn’t match the postcode I shipped to ..

Now a simple google search shows that the delivery postcode was the Canada Post Branch which handled delivery … and I’ve confirmed with the buyer that he received the item and he has left positive feedback , yet despite contacting eBay support asking for an early release of the funds, they denied it on the grounds that the postcode didn’t match. What’s the point of feedback then?

I followed every step in their book and still have to wait ?
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Held funds !

in a word...YES!

Funds will be released at eBay's discretion> when eBay is fully satisfied all is well!...especially since all your sold items are higher value items...

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Held funds !

It's not so much that eBay wants to confirm delivery, eBay wants to know that the order was a) delivered and b) the buyer is happy and isn't going to open a return request,  If you are an infrequent or new seller, if eBay give you the money right away and then there is a claim they would have to cover it and chase you for the money, A regular seller will have funds coming in on a steady basis and any claims where the funds have been dispersed can be made up from new sales. This used to be a frequent problem for eBay which is why they started the holds in 2008 when virtually all payments went through PayPal (owned at that time by eBay).

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Held funds !

Surely the buyer confirming delivery and leaving positive feedback is confirmation enough? Especially on a new item and buyer said it’s in perfect condition ?
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Held funds !

I tweeted them and funds were released in a hour. Lesson is don’t waste time on the chat, go straight to social media .
Message 5 of 5
latest reply