Held ransom and robbed by Paypal and eBay

I recently had funds in my Paypal account withdrawn and held when a buyer started the claim process.  It screwed my ability to use Paypal until it was resolved.  The buyer claimed he had not received the package (Canada to Australia via ground - to keep the shipping costs down) quick enough for him.  I ended up issuing a refund and ended up losing my money and the item.  For all I know the guy was lying and got a free item.  This process hangs the seller out to dry and gives no course of action to release the funds in your Paypal account.  I have been on eBay since 2000 and am now considering never selling anything on it again.  My perfect feedback is now gone and I got screwed.  On a side note, if you are a Canadian seller, I don't recommend selling outside the USA and Canada as the shipping takes forever and the buyers don't understand about duty and import fees.  Ebay also charged me the eBay fees for the item I issued the refund for.  I lost a pile of money in this transaction.  When I got screwed years ago with a transaction, eBay and Paypal were zero help.  They sure hung me out to dry this time when the roles were supposedly reversed even though I actually shipped the item.  I am sure some clown will chime in about tracking and insurance but that translates to huge shipping costs for a buyer which I don't like paying when I buy....so save you comments.  No wonder its hard to find sellers with perfect feedback.  They take the neg so they don't loose all their money to sellers trying to scam free items.

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Held ransom and robbed by Paypal and eBay

A good way to minimize outside north america shipping issues is a combination of two factors is use;

Witch countries have the most reliable postal system and strongest economies.

I always ship air, it maybe more expensive but at the end i have happier buyers and thus far this year no claims for non receipt.

For me this narrows it down to less than 20 countries i will ship. Maybe doing less volume but making more money.

There will always be idiot buyers on ebay, it is simply way of life.

You just got to adapt.

For me it brings a lot of customers into my physical store, that's were the money is, no fees, no listing, no shipping, just pure profit.

Find out what is right for you and apply it but keep in mind that ebay a constant evolution. 

Message 21 of 21
latest reply