Help needed with store fees

At the moment I have a basic store. In the last month my sales have gone from about 10 a week to 1! Almost all my listings are in crafts and from what I can work out I should get free listing for these. Can someone confirm this?

At the moment, by store fees far outweigh my sales. Can someone please tell me if I cancel my store, will get free listing for all my crafts. Also will I have to pay store fees for the rest of May?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

With the Basic Store you get 1,000 Fixed Price Listings in all categories, and an additional 10,000 Fixed Price Listings in "Select Categories".

"Select Categories" include:

• Automotive > Parts & Accessories
  • Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Sports Trading Cards
  • Toys & Hobbies > Collectible Card Games
  • Collectibles
  • Music
  • Books & Magazines
  • Movies & TV
  • Video Games & Consoles > Video Games
  • Stamps
  • Crafts
  • Home & Garden > Greeting Cards & Party Supply > Party Supplies

So yes, Crafts are included. You can list up to 10,000 items in the "Crafts" category without paying any insertion fees (11,000 if all you sell are Crafts).

If you cancelled your store subscription you would be paying a 30 cent insertion fee on every listing over 250 (assuming you're only listing on ebay.ca).

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

haven't had an eBay store for the past 13 years or so= no current knowledge on store circumstances, but as a non-store seller, there are 250 free listings per month on.CA as well as 250 free listings on .COM. If using the Auction format, The Buy it Now option is free.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

There are only two ways to get free listings.

The first is not to have a Store at all.

The second is to be given free promotional listings as we were during the switchover to Managed Payments.

All promotions are for the benefit of eBay.

Stores have subscriptions.

So if you have 250 listings with a Store but the Store cost you $25 a month, if you use every one of those listings  you are paying 10c each for them. If you only use 100 you are paying 25c each for them.

With 780 listings either you have to cut back to 250 listings each on eBay Canada and on dotCOM, and drop the Store completely, along with 280 of your listings, or move to a higher level store with more listings included with your subscription.

In addition you may have non-refundable optional fees for auction reserves or Promoted Listings.

These are optional, and you can reduce your costs by not using them.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Non-store:

ebay.com - 250 free insertions per month, then 35 cents (plus sales tax) for each listing over 250

ebay.ca - 250 free insertions per month, then 30 cents (plus sales tax) for each listing over 250

So up to 500 free per month. Plus any promotional offers.

Basic store:

1000 free BIN insertions plus 10000 free BIN in select categories plus 250 free auctions in select categories.

Does your store use the monthly or yearly store rate?

There is a penalty to end the yearly store early.

Assuming all of your 780 listings on are ebay.com you will need to close 530 before they renew in June. 250 could be transfered over to ebay.ca to use up free listings there.  Or you could rotate your listings: list 250, then bulk end them just before they renew, then next month relist another 250 from inactive, then end before they renew. Repeat.

-;-

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

"you could rotate your listings: list 250, then bulk end them just before they renew, then next month relist another 250 from inactive, then end before they renew. Repeat."

which is exactly what I do...

except I use a lot of auction format as I do not like stale GTC listings...

However, I do really like auction format on .COM, because you have the option of up to 8 free auto re-lists at no charge(no inserion fees for those 8 re-lists, but you do have to check the box for that automatic re-list option, on the listing form), so as time progresses, I can pick and choose to end after 2 re-lists or after  3, or 'X" number of re-lists,etc...I generally use the 5 day listing duration, but the 7 and 10 day duration are options that can be utilized.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I had an idea that craft items had 1000 free listings. All but about 10 of my listings are crafts.

My store is paid monthly. I could easily delete the few china items I have listed. I have tried to find out if craft listing are free, but it's hard to understand.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

the one advantage of not having a store is the fact that the 250 free listings per month are for either fixed price format or auction format and/or any combination thereof that the seller chooses, and are not category restrictive...

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

With the Basic Store you get 1,000 Fixed Price Listings in all categories, and an additional 10,000 Fixed Price Listings in "Select Categories".

"Select Categories" include:

• Automotive > Parts & Accessories
  • Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Sports Trading Cards
  • Toys & Hobbies > Collectible Card Games
  • Collectibles
  • Music
  • Books & Magazines
  • Movies & TV
  • Video Games & Consoles > Video Games
  • Stamps
  • Crafts
  • Home & Garden > Greeting Cards & Party Supply > Party Supplies

So yes, Crafts are included. You can list up to 10,000 items in the "Crafts" category without paying any insertion fees (11,000 if all you sell are Crafts).

If you cancelled your store subscription you would be paying a 30 cent insertion fee on every listing over 250 (assuming you're only listing on ebay.ca).

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Thank you so much, that is what I needed to know, I guess I will keep paying my basic store fees and hope sales pick up.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@triber wrote:

Thank you so much, that is what I needed to know, I guess I will keep paying my basic store fees and hope sales pick up.

Keep in mind that Store FVF's are lower than non-Store.

For crafts it's 12% if you have a Store, 12.9% if you do not.

So take 0.9% of your total "sales" (gross revenue including taxes) and take that off the price of the subscription.

The break even point at which a basic store is "free"............$2775.00 gross/month

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply