How to snap ship without buyer's phone number?

After the ebay payout system was revised, the menu doesn't show phone numbers any more. Canadapost's snapship requires a phone numberof the reciever. 

The Canadapost's small business discounts does appear to be better than ebay's builtin shipping tool, but I need to get a phone number to advance to the next menu.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I have always just put my own phone number when I don't have the buyer's. Never had a problem.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

it appears I can also just punch in 000-000-0000, but you are right, my own number is probably better so I can receive calls when something goes wrong.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I still see a phone number on the Sales Record just below the address (and I am now in managed payments).

However, I also have "Always ask buyers for phone number" set to "Yes" in the shipping settings.

https://www.ebay.ca/ship/prf

If you don't have a phone number, use your own or the movie favourite: 555-555-5555

-..-

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@pansophic.innovator 

@2nd-time-around-jewelry 

You should be able to pull that information and move to Snapship from Orders tab in Sellers Hub. It does eventually get poofed by the magic of eBay. It is also not included in the new eBay Labels as a modifyable tab. It is still "currently" porting to Shippo from order details. Including a generic phone number is risky because it could cause delays if there happens to be problems prior to delivery. A valid phone number is a requirement for courier shipments.

-Lotz

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

If you have eBay's mobile app on Android, once you mark an item as shipped, the customer phone number will appear on the item page. So you could manually mark it as shipped to get the phone number, and then add the tracking manually a few minutes later after the label is printed. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply