I suspect an ebay buyer of fraud, he bought several of the same item in my store and...

I suspect an ebay buyer of fraud, he bought several of the same item in my store and has yet to confirm he received the other two items. The 3 item were video games and were priced by me at market price. I found it somewhat suspicious so I clicked his feedback page. I soon realized he purchased the same game from other sellers as well. I guess the first assumption most people would make is he is OBVIOUSLY buying and selling. However, I know the market and my item was priced at 50.00. The item rarely sells over 55.00 and sometimes 60.00. So at 50.00, there is very little profit to work with and the game is not profitable from a buying and selling point of view. Then when I clicked his feedback left for others I quickly noticied he constantly left bad feedback and also he constantly stated there was some sort of issue with the transaction. Examples " Good seller, im glad we solved the problem". "Good seller, I`m glad he replaced item" and so on. No matter what there always seemed to be a problem with the transaction, despite his good feedback as a buyer. Furthermore, he has also left significant negative reviews to other sellers accusing them of 1. counterfeit games 2. a non functioning game and 3. the item never arriving. I`m concerned because obviously he chose the shipping option without tracking and I believe he will turn around and accuse me of never sending the games/selling a damaged game. Since he cannot make profit off these games, I think he is buying this game for 50 dollars, from me and others. Selling it, elsewhere and then contacting ebay/the seller claiming he never received it or it was damaged. Then he would profit because he would have the undamaged game, he would get a refund or a partial refund or he would get a new game sent to him. Most sellers would probably just think the game was lost in the mail, or it was in fact damaged. But I think he is running a business doing this. I have the 3rd game he purchased but I am extremely reluctant to ship. Even if I track this game he can still claim its damaged and then send me back one of the many either fake games he has, or faulty games. Opinions?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I suspect an ebay buyer of fraud, he bought several of the same item in my store and...

First you can add white space to your question by hitting ENTER at any time.

Blocks of text are hard to read.

he bought several of the same item ...and has yet to confirm he received the other two items.

Were the games tracked?

The 3 item were video games and were priced by me at market price.... he purchased the same game from other sellers as well....my item was priced at 50.00.... there is very little profit to work with ...

Or he could have found a niche no one else has discovered. Perhaps he can securely ship to a country most sellers won't touch?

...he constantly left bad feedback and also he constantly stated there was some sort of issue with the transaction.

Oh yeah, that sounds bad.

..I`m concerned because obviously he chose the shipping option without tracking

The seller chooses the method of shipping. This is a basic Seller Protection.

Some sales are not worth having.

If you allow an untracked shipping service, well, don't.

And actually, in the videogame category, the demographics are against you. Tracking should be a necessity.

If you are in Toronto or Vancouver (and a couple of other cities near the US border) look into ChitchatExpress, who carry parcels to the USPS, where tracking is cheap.

and I believe he will turn around and accuse me of never sending the games/selling a damaged game.

I have the 3rd game he purchased but I am extremely reluctant to ship.

First, whether he paid for it or not, for your own sake, use a tracked service. And spring the buck fifty for signature confirmation.

It's your profit margin you are protecting.

And then, your colleagues and competitors have been suckers if they are giving in to his bullying.

NO REFUNDS WITHOUT RETURN.

...then send me back one of the many either fake games he has, or faulty games.

I'm not clear on why you think he has fake or faulty games unless his complaints are actually true.

Which means he is very unlucky, but not a scammer.

Which is not to say he is unlucky.

And contact eBay Customer Service about the buyer.

They are often pretty useless but with many negs for identical/similar products, as well as settled Disputes, it would not be a surprise to learn he is already on the radar.

This sort of fiddling cost s eBay money.

And eBay likes money.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I'm assuming the buyer is in the USA, because for most of your listings, you would automatically be using a Tracked service in Canada.

International returns are a quagmire, and eBay is not particularly helpful about them.

You might try to persuade eBay that an opened Dispute is a Buyer Remorse (buyer pays return postage) on the basis that he has had so many failed transactions for the same game rather than a Not As Described (seller pays return postage).

Message 3 of 3
latest reply