If selling on ebay.com from canada is canada post international parcel

Is it my cheapest option let's say I'm selling a toaster.
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Generally speaking Canada Post is the cheapest service available.

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

Weigh and measure your wrapped shipment.

USE METRIC.

Canada Post went metric in 1974. Everything else is guesswork.

Heavy and bulky items are not usually a good fit with mail order selling.

And with electric items like a toaster, there is also the question of plugs. Not every country uses the North American standard.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Canada Post International Parcel is only available as a SURFACE service for international destinations, excluding USA, and is not recommended for eBay sellers - it takes too long and leaves you open to claims of non-receipt.   Always ship by air for anywhere other than Canada and US.  There are no toasters or other electrical items or parts that are useful in Canada that will match electric service in other countries besides the US.  All parcels to US go either by Small Packet, Tracked Packet or Expedited, depending on size and weight.

I notice you have some work to do on shipping on your current listings.  My suggestion:  always choose only one parcel service for each country.  For example, you have one item listed with both regular parcel and expedited parcel within Canada.  When you buy your labels by using the eBay link to PayPal, you receive up to 18% discount on Expedited parcel, it is a faster service, and a win/win choice over regular parcel.  Another example:  you have Canada and US as destinations on a listing, but have not filled in the correct information to show a cost to US shoppers.  When shopping, if I do not find the shipping price, I skip over such a listing.  Few shoppers will want to write you asking for shipping costs.  Another listing states that it ships to Canada and USA, but there is no information on US shipping.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@honestpartscanada wrote:
Is it my cheapest option let's say I'm selling a toaster.

Shipping calculator:

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

for the USA:

Oversize lettermail / light packet (under 500g, less than 2 cm thick) - no tracking or insurance

Small Packet USA is cheapest for under 1kg - but no tracking or insurance, is flat rate for all USA

Tracked Packet USA (under 1kg) - tracked, $100 insurance included

Expedited Parcel USA (up to 30kg) - tracked, up to $1000 insurance ($100 included)

For International:

Ignore any surface (boat) choices, they just take too long for eBay selling.

Small Packet (air) is cheapest for under 2kg - but no tracking or insurance

Tracked Packet (under 2kg) - tracked, $100 insurance included -- but is only available for some countries

For heavier items it gets more complex because not all countries have the same methods available.

-..-

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@maggiebvintage2010 wrote:

Canada Post International Parcel is only available as a SURFACE service for international destinations, excluding USA, and is not recommended for eBay sellers ...

International Parcel AIR is available for some countries.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply