Incomplete address

So I have this gift card I can't seem to get out of my possession. I sold it and the first buyer didn't pay so I after I dealt with that I relisted the item and it sold again. This time the customer supplies an incomplete address. I have googled the address and from what I can see there is a suite number missing and the postal code is wrong. I have sent multiple messages to the customer letting him/her know the card was returned to me but no response. I am going to try sending an email to the one they have on file but how long do you usually wait it out without a response before cancelling the order? 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Incomplete address

Would this be about the $15 Amazon gift card someone committed to pay $30 for?

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

yes, I have been paid for it this time and sent the card off but it came back to me. different buyer.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Of course it is none of my business but why would a (legit) buyer pay $30 Canadian for a $15 USD gift card? Unless I am missing something obvious. 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I have no idea I didn't ask the person why they bought it. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Not sure of the exact angle but perhaps this "buyer" purposely leaves off dribs and drabs of their address and attempts INR claims against sellers?

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

that's what I was concerned about....but I mean the item should have been there by now and I haven't heard anything from the person so they could also be unwell or something too I suppose. My gut says this person probably just moved OR they sent it to work. when I google the adress a bank shows up, but the postal code is off so its not really the banks adress either.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@snoopwiz wrote:

Of course it is none of my business but why would a (legit) buyer pay $30 Canadian for a $15 USD gift card? Unless I am missing something obvious. 

I'm also curious about this too. Why would anyone pay *more* on eBay for a gift card that they could get for less on Amazon themselves...?

To me, it didn't make sense that the OP tried to sell something so readily available for more than it's worth to begin with. 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

There's a sucker born every minute.-- PT Barnum.

I suspect there may be a scam in there too, but in that case the buyer should be asking for a cancellation since the seller has both money and card.

Or he's really really bad at scamming.

laughing

Message 9 of 9
latest reply