Forum Posts

Zombie threads and archiving: an update

Howdy everyone - As you can undoubtedly tell from the slew of replies many of you got, and the boards getting all cattywampus,I've been working on locking out zombie threads. The tool that I've mentioned in the past that is supposed to help with the ...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Ebay interfering with return

Buyer receives the item damaged and initiates a return on ebay. Photos provided confirm damage and also show the apology note from the USPS. Four options exist: Accept ReturnFull RefundPartial RefundSend buyer a message I clicked the last one and sug...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Free Shipping Pitfall

Recently switched some items to free shipping.Sold an item with Free ShippingBuyer wants to return an item because he admitted he made a mistake when he purchased it.I agreed to the return and buyer pays return shipping with no problem- Item sold for...

• 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

Where to find coin price trends

I'm currently using coins canada for my coin values, and we all know that site doesnt contain updated coin values. i have suffered many losses from not knowing the current trend prices for my coins. EX: I bought a 1900 round O for $100, but I sold on...

• 14 replies
  • 0 helpful

non-paying bidders

When is Ebay going to do something about non-paying bidders? I am at wits end with non-paying bidders. This week alone, I have 9 non paying bidders!! This is half of my revenue for this week! Filing non-paying bidder complaints just isn't enough. The...

Why do some sellers not mail to PO boxes

Before I moved to our present address 2 years ago, we worked on a missionary school campus with many families for 34 years, and we only had PO boxes, we never had a problem with it. I see sellers often refuse to send to them. The addresses I have had...

• 41 replies
  • 0 helpful

USPS first class mail international. SLOW WHY?

I ordered earbuds (pricy) that came from Colorado Springs, CO, United states, to, Vancouver, Canada. The supposed tracking, as ive come to find out, isn't really tracking at all but just checkpoints. So far, in 3 and a half weeks, all I've got on my ...

• 23 replies
  • 3 helpful

Canada Post Rates 2017

Has anyone made a chart for the new mailing rates. Also on what date do the new rates start?

• 67 replies
  • 0 helpful

Anyone here ship to Kenya? Any problems?

I have someone who wants to purchase a fair amount of my patterns and is in Kenya. A bit of a language problem (I think they speak German), the message seems to have been translated using a translating site (or ebay?). Asked how much for shipping so ...

Selling items to Russia

Hi All, I have been with ebay for almost 10 years and on and off I sold my items with very few problems and I enjoyed selling and buying in here. Recently I sold a couple of items to buyers from Russia, and it made me feel bad. As you all may know sh...

• 18 replies
  • 0 helpful

Unfair Return Policy

Here goes eBay again. A Canadian buyer purchased a tablet from me then checked off the "Not As Described" box one day later. The buyer then ceased all communication and waited. Six weeks later, despite all my emails to eBay, eBay issues a full refund...

Paypal currency converter - from what planet?

Hello, I took a breather before attempting to post this. I have noticed that EVERY sale I have ever made has been gouged with an incorrect currency conversion, and it is always in Paypals favour. The sales I got this month for example, I get dinged a...

Have any Canadian sellers had their US sales drop to near zero?

On my main selling ID I normally make one or two US sales per day. For the last 3 weeks I have made zero. Anyone else? I'm wondering if Ebay.com have switched their default search to 'US only' again. This has happened before and as a result none of m...

• 28 replies
  • 1 helpful

Broken again

Ebay needs to drop everything and fix all the issues on the site so we sellers and buyers can function. THE CONSTANT BUGS AND GLITCHES ARE GETTING BEYOND RIDICULOUS

• 32 replies
  • 2 helpful

Item location help

Hi there. I'm a new ebay seller and I have a question about specifying my item location. I am in Ontario, Canada but my items are located in and shipped from China. I have been trying to change my item location on a listing to say it's from China bec...

Any Canadian sellers here who use USPS to ship their items?

I am curious if there are any Canadian sellers who use USPS... like going down the the states and shipping their wares through there? I'm asking because I've heard of some people doing this, but I am not sure of the logistics of it all, like, do you ...

• 260 replies
  • 0 helpful

PayPal shipping

Have been getting this message since last night. "PayPal Shipping is not available. We apologize for the inconvenience." Has anyone else been having this problem? Thanks

• 10 replies
  • 1 helpful

What is with the $1000 limit? Anyone else annoyed by this? eBay now only for professional sellers?

How do you get your limit increased to $15K? Without being a store? Just spend 1 hour on hold to get my limit increased from $1000 to $1250. Seems like this is now just for stores and not consumers. Anyone have any suggestions?

Small Packet - Air No longer have a "tracking" number

I just printed a Small Packet - Air from PayPal for a USA shipment... they changed it, and NOT in a good way! There is no longer a number on the invoice. The new format is like Tracked Packet (TOO SMALL!!). There is a bar code, but a message that say...

• 30 replies
  • 0 helpful

IF you are taking your stuff across the US border to mail or ship in the US, there are changes...

For all the CANADIAN sellers that take their stuff across the US border to mail/ship; I was informed today by 2 US Customs officials that the US Congress has just RAISED the amount that you can send to each consignee per day under Section 321. The ol...

Why not list your items in CAD $ ?

I live in Canada. Every time when I buy something in US$ and pay by Paypal, Paypal give me a very poor Exchange Rate, plus a handling fee. This jeck up the buy cost a lot. Now I avoid buying things in ebay which list in other currencies other than CA...

• 23 replies
  • 2 helpful

Canada Post Problem with Parcel Not Being Scanned

Hi Guys, I've been selling on ebay for years anything and everything whenever I upgrade my phones and electronics. This past weekend, I parted out my gaming computer and sold most of it on ebay. I bought Expedited Parcel labels using Paypal. I droppe...

Buyer claims no item received, filed claim, now item not received again.....

Good day all, I have a weird one for you..A buyer bought an item from me, I sent the item out as promised by the listing....The buyer claims he did not get the item, and files a case...Fine no problem...So after discussions, I sent out another item, ...

• 25 replies
  • 0 helpful

Listing in U.S DOLLARS

fOR A LONG TIME I HAVE ALWAYS LISTED IN U.S Dollars but Know I can only list in Canadian Dollars. What happened and how can I list again in U.S Dollars.

• 20 replies
  • 0 helpful
Labels