Sales (31 days) incorrect?

In Seller Hub, I realised that the total sales for the last 31 days is incorrect. EBay includes the shipping costs. So if the buyer is outside Canada, the sales amount seems higher, but in fact it's not. Why are they doing this like that?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Well, if we were all following eBay "Best Practices" and adhering to " Market Standards" our total sales would include shipping... aka free shipping!

Seriously though, I think the rationale for this format is revealed in the Selling Costs chart on the Performance Summary page.

If we were Americans purchasing shipping labels from the ebay.com Hub those charges would be accounted for in that Selling Costs chart information.

As with so many other facets of Seller Hub the presentation of the Sales data has been designed for American ebay.com users... therefore the data is not as useful as it could be for Canadian users.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

If you switch to the view on your orders page and choose ALL ORDERS & THIS MONTH and then click on (i) icon  it will give you split (kinda) of your item total and grand total. You still have to do the actual math to figure out the difference(less shipping). The information is also displayed in Sellers Hub in Performance area under Sales. It really still should be separated to show an accurate total. It does give you a break down of your eBay/Paypal fees. Shipping is not in most cases profit. Another thing to note is on the Summary Page - Your Seller Level - The totals are still shown in US funds. Not very accurate when exchange rates/Paypal conversion fees change hourly. 

-CM

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Well, if we were all following eBay "Best Practices" and adhering to " Market Standards" our total sales would include shipping... aka free shipping!

Seriously though, I think the rationale for this format is revealed in the Selling Costs chart on the Performance Summary page.

If we were Americans purchasing shipping labels from the ebay.com Hub those charges would be accounted for in that Selling Costs chart information.

As with so many other facets of Seller Hub the presentation of the Sales data has been designed for American ebay.com users... therefore the data is not as useful as it could be for Canadian users.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Personally I ignore all that computer stuff and write down my sales, costs, sources, currency, shipping costs, dates and destinations in a Hilroy exercise book.

Some fancy people use Excel spreadsheets.

In either case, you have the information YOU need, not what eBay thinks you need.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply