Holy emojis!

The ‘your so-and-and-so listing is confirmed’ tonight have been replaced with an email so laden with emojis that it obscures all useful information.

I’m not 12.

I don’t need emojis.

I need to know *which* listings are ‘live’.

Again and again, I’m left to feel as is the people who propose these ‘improvements’ have never actually used the platform.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Holy emojis!

Bring your kid to work day perhaps?

Or just catering to the new generation.

How about a choice of language:

I prefer my eBay communication to be in:

Formal English w/ dry humor.
Deep South with y'all's and gotta
Baby talk
The Emoji Experience
Celebrity Impersonation
Klingon
Don't talk to me. ever.
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Holy emojis!

You left out Google Translate.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Holy emojis!

Lately it seems like every day is April 1!!!

-CM

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Holy emojis!

I’ve complained about this before. The emails didn’t need fixing.

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Today-s-gripe-I-find-the-new-subject-heading-sale-confir...
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Holy emojis!

Allow me to illustrate the problem. Such as with the new Best Offer emails, the seller cannot actually see the item that the offer is made on which is the opposite of helpful and didn't need to be changed. 

Is the actual goal of this alteration to make these new emails so useless that sellers unsubscribe from this feature of Communications? 

Screen Shot 2018-08-07 at 9.41.00 AM.png

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Holy emojis!

I need a 'like' button that shows TWO THUMBS UP to express how much I appreciate this one, drummond. Where's my emoji for that?! 

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Holy emojis!

@momcqueen wrote:

I need a 'like' button that shows TWO THUMBS UP to express how much I appreciate this one, drummond. Where's my emoji for that?! 

Emojis and condescending selling tips, a combination that is sure to delight...not. 

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Holy emojis!

Clearly the marketing department doesn't talk to the usefulness department.

Oh my mistake, what am I thinking, there probably isn't a usefulness department wink 

It is a pain to me, I used to use the email titles during my process, now they are of no use, and of course the same suggestion 100s of times is lost anyway. (Plus I think they cause the message to take up more space, I've noticed the messages now are several times the storage size per message than used to be the case. I manage my (outlook) mailbox size and I'm down to keeping only 1 month of the notifications, whilst I used to be able to keep 3 months in the same space allotment)

In my mind a more useful marketing approach would be to send a targeted one time message or email to describe the marketing message in more detail, and move back to activity messages that contain useful information for the recipient.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Holy emojis!

LIkes truckload.jpg

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Holy emojis!

AND it also says in the same header, check your special offers and make more money..

Then it goes and shows me my available limits left in my store , Where is my special offers that is going to make me more money.. 

More empty promises, someone should be fired for the bait and switch,  seriously, it says make more money ,, check  your special offers!!!!   there is no special offers, it is showing me what i have already paid for.. Nothing Special here..

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Holy emojis!

Thanks. I thought it seemed like business was down in the dumps. Now I know why!!! Good thing it wasn't a photo of a large number of toilets!!!

-CM

Message 12 of 12
latest reply