I came across this on facebook and it has a lot of good info I thought I would share.

This came up on my facebook feed and contains a lot of good info, some not so good.  It is also geared to a seller in the US.  I didn't write it or alter it in any way but gives some ideas for responses.  I have a couple of ones that I use from a poster on this board.  

1. Return for local NON US buyer:

Hi,
My name is ______ I'm the store owner. I'm here to help.
I'm so sorry to hear that you didn't like your item. You can return the item to us Or I can offer 7% partial refund and you can keep the item.
Again, I'm sorry for that
________

2. Item that not on stock \ negative:
Hi,
Thanks for your purchase, my name is _____ - I'm the store owner. I would like to apologize from bottom of my Heart - but the item is not available (it's a pre sale item), we are using a new software that should prevent these kinds of situations and obviously, it doesn't work so great, I would like to give you 7% discount on any other item in my store as compensation for that.
PLEASE, if you would be so kind enough DO not leave me a negative feedback as this business is how I provide for my family.

Kind regards,
_______

3. CANCELATION - by buyer:

Hi,
I'll start the cancellation process and see if we can intercept the package. Once I have confirmed that they were able to stop the shipment, we will issue a refund.
Please note that our shipping department works very fast in order to deliver package as soon as possible.
There is a chance that your order will be shipped out before we can intercept it, if that happens, you may refuse the package upon delivery.
We will let you know in 2 business days if the package has been shipped or intercepted.

Thank you,
Customer Care

4. CANCELATION- 2 by buyer:

Your order was already sent to dispatch, I sent cancellation request to try and stop the shipment - once I'll get confirmation we will let you know and you can send us a request for a refund via your order details and we will send you refund immediately.

5. ORDER NOT RECEIVE:

Hi,
I am sorry to hear that. Let me start a trace with the carrier and find out what’s going on. If they will confirm that your order got lost or stolen I will send out another one ASAP. I’ll get back to you once I have the information.
I apologize again for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

Thank you,
Customer Care

6. SHIPPING INQUIRY:

Hi,
Thank you for your recent purchase. In order to provide free shipping, we only use standard shipping. The items are delivered depending on the origin ZIP Code, destination ZIP Code and time of acceptance and receipt of cleared payment. Delivery times may vary, especially during peak periods.
We process orders as fast as we can so that the buyers will receive their packages on or before the expected time frame. Our customers usually receive their items on or before the estimated delivery.

Thank you,
Customer Care

7. Refund if order canceled:

Hi,
Your refund has been processed. Please allow 7-10 business days for the refund to reflect on your account.
Once the credit has been issued, I would recommend you contact your financial institution to confirm how long it will take for the credit to show up on your available balance.
I apologize that this has taken longer than normal to resolve! I do hope this helps and thank you, for being such a valued customer and I hope you have a great day.

Thank you,
Customer Care

8. Expiration Inq:

Hi,
Thank you for your inquiry. I have checked and confirmed that all the products we sell have at least 1 year expiration date.

Thank you,
Customer Care

9. Out of stock cancelation:

Hi,
The ITEM is currently out of stock and this item is shipped directly from the warehouse. I've tried to source it from a different distributor but unfortunately I was unable to. I have refunded your purchase and have cancelled the transaction.
I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Thank you for your understanding,
Customer Care

10. where's my item:

Hi,
My name is _____, I'm the store owner and I would like to thank you for your purchase.
Your item was dispatched and scheduled to be delivered to you _____________________.
Tracking no. will be upload soon, We are working with with the best fulfillment service in the country - ______ fulfillment center, which uses robotic warehouses, and we make all efforts to handle within 24 hours.
I will personally will look closely on your order.

I hope that it makes it right for you,
If you have any further questions feel free to contact me,
_______

11. negative from buyer:

Hi,
My name is _______, I'm the store owner.
I was very sorry to hear that you weren't satisfied with your item.
Please - let me know if you'd like to return the item or maybe a X% partial refund.
My buyer's review is very important to me, as this is how I provide to my family.
I will appreciate it if you'll consider to change your review if my suggestions makes it right for you

Thanks
______

12. return w\ shipping label drop off:

Hi,
I'm attaching a return label that we already paid for so there's no need for you to pay anything for the shipping back to us.
Please - make sure to use it so the return process will go as smooth as possible.
All you need to do is attach the label to the item and than drop it off at a UPS store and it will be shipped directly back to us.

*I would like to give you 7% discount on any other item in my store as compensation for that.

PLEASE, don't leave me a negative feedback as this business is how I provide to my family.

Thanks
_____

13. why walmart \ amazon:

Hello,
We are using ____ fulfillment services to store and ship our items as fast as we can.
If you would like to return your item you will need to open a return request here on ebay and we will supply you with a shipping label (free shipping) - once the item returned we will be happy to refund your payment in full

Best regards
J
Support team

14. shipping not on time before ordering:

Dear valued customer,
Due to high volume of orders which we could not expected there will be a delay in shipping - we can either take your order and put it in line and send as soon as we can Or we can cancel your order and issue full refund if you'll send us cancellation request.

Thank you so much for your understanding
Timy
Support Team

15. oos before we ordered:

Hi,
Thank you for your recent purchase. Unfortunately the item got back ordered and there is no definite time it will be back in stock again. I have tried to source it from another supplier but i wasn't able to find the same kind. Because of this, we will have to cancel the transaction and refund your payment.
We apologize for the trouble, this is something we don't expected and Im hoping for your kind consideration and understanding

Thank You

16. authentic:

Hi, My name is ___ - I'm the store manager. I understand your concern, and would like to let you know that we are licensed liquidators of the largest department stores in the US We are working with stores like Amazon, Walmart, Home Depot and more I can assure you that your item is 100 % authentic If it would make you more confident I can ask the company owner to send you the authenticity letter If you still feel you'd like to return the item we will supply shipping back label to return the item regards, ____

17. address confirmation:

Hi,
Thank you for your recent purchase.We want to prepare your order for shipment and will be happy if you can reaffirm your shipping address.
Waiting to hear from you in order to provide timely.

18. customer ask about return label:

Hi,
Please see and use the attach return label in returning back your order.

Thank you,
Customer Care

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I came across this on facebook and it has a lot of good info I thought I would share.

Looks like most of those would be needed by dropshippers, not by businesses who only sell what they actually have in stock.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

At the risk of sounding like a grammar snob, I’d avoid cribbing from any of the canned messages supplied by that user; the lexicon and syntax leaves much to be desired. Although, I will say kudos to them for trying to be helpful. It’s the thought that counts.

Thanks for sharing.
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I'm actually quite annoyed by how often "PLEASE, don't leave me a negative feedback as this business is how I provide to my family." comes up...... it's like "threatening" the buyer to not leave negative feedback because if they do, they are "hurting" someone's family...
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

It is always my option to write in the third person.

Saying " I did this" sounds aggressive, and sometimes can sound very aggressive if a seller keeps saying.....I ... I ... I ...

" this was done"     sounds more polite, and easier to read

Some sellers use the "I' option everywhere in a description... very difficult to read.... It hurts

Anything in BOLD is never added to an email for communication with anyone......  but is done so in a description if only to highlight something....  but done in a "polite color"

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Thanks for sharing this vendor's CS ideas.

While the content is obviously intended to be helpful and informative there is little content there that would be well received in my opinion.

Perhaps the author's first language is not English. If so, the poor composition is understandable. The grammar police would surely arrest this suspect on sight.
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@cumos55 wrote:

It is always my option to write in the third person.

Saying " I did this" sounds aggressive, and sometimes can sound very aggressive if a seller keeps saying.....I ... I ... I ...

" this was done"     sounds more polite, and easier to read

Some sellers use the "I' option everywhere in a description... very difficult to read.... It hurts

Anything in BOLD is never added to an email for communication with anyone......  but is done so in a description if only to highlight something....  but done in a "polite color"

Keeping in 3rd person as much as possible is always a good idea, but I do also think in situations like this the buyer is looking for what "I" will do to fix things. So in that case I think it is good to at least sometimes include the things "I" will do to try to resolve the situation, and trying to minimize the things "you" will have to do.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I agree that using the third-person point-of-view is preferred to making it all about 'me me me' but I like to say instead that 'we appreciate your business' so as to leave my customers with the impression there's more to my business model than creaky old me sitting in a basement playing with toys amidst towers of cardboard boxes which is essentially the reality of it.

Like the Royal We. 'We value you as a customer and appreciate your business. Mo McQueen and Sons aims to provide everyone with five-star service so if you feel we have missed this mark, please let us know before you leave feedback and we will work with you to make it so.' That kind of thing. 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Personally, I think the "we" sound too impersonal. I prefer when the seller uses "I" instead and avoid "you" as much as possible. But that's just me.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I am sorry , but this sounds like typical Asian, overseas type Reponses.   I know better than to use any of this nonsense..

Message 10 of 10
latest reply