Interesting glitch: 'the seller has not specified shipping option' error with actual cost displayed

This is a new one to me. Noticed in on my own listings starting yesterday but it could have been this way all week if not longer, I haven't been paying attention. Item gives the error message 'the seller has not specified shipping option' while accurately displaying the cost of postage.

Domestic not affected, applies exclusively to international destinations. Affects the listing in the same way regardless of whether it is viewed on ebay.ca or ebay.com. It should be noted this appears in not the red/blue text of a real error warning but in black. I suspect, therefore, it's not an actual postage glitch but a 'page display' programming one. Still, it would legitimately turn-off International buyers who may not look lower on the page, or be mistrustful of the postage cost they are seeing before them.

It appears to apply to Calculated Shipping listings for the international destinations (not flat-rate) but I can't swear by that, I haven't found enough similar items from Canadian sellers who ship to international locations to confirm it. Also, it seems like it affects sellers other than me, but I don't have three hours to spare to test it further. 

Screen Shot 2017-11-26 at 4.46.31 AM.png

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Interesting glitch: 'the seller has not specified shipping option' error with actual cost displa

Hi @momcqueen,

I've logged a ticket for this and will provide an update when available. Thanks for your patience. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Interesting glitch: 'the seller has not specified shipping option' error with actual cost displa

I don't have this problem on the D Consortium. (We have other angst atm/text and code slipping to the bottom of the code.)

Shipping rate screw ups for sure in my other store. 

Doesn't matter how you edit it, it's a glitch on some sites. All my sites have different eBay coding, it's just the site I have had for 16 years that has the problem. (It is also a .com site, just to clarify, but I only list on .ca.)

Even if you hit sell similar that shows your international rates correctly the glitch hijacks the new listing and screws it up. 

They had it fixed for a while, but not completely. I still had to switch out the rates on some of them.

I have a thread under another ID somewhere on this board about not being able to ship to international customers unless I only gave them the excessively high tracking rates. Kill the tracking rates, leave the light packet and I get what you get.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Hi @momcqueen,

I've logged a ticket for this and will provide an update when available. Thanks for your patience. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thanks,

You might want to look into this too.

Showing is the postal code for Whites GA

I tried another, 90210 and got the same red message.

This is for my dianequeenofstuff site, seems I can't post on this board since there might be a problem with my Java script when I try.

No Postal code identity might be the reason only the tracking rate is showing.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply