Listing with free shipping

Just sold a coat to a brand new ebayer. (she opened her acct. today).  It was listed with free shipping and "best offer".  Without looking at her history, I accepted her offer.  When I went to send the invoice, it said free shipping.  I'm sure she doesn't realize the offer does not include shipping.  Does anyone know what the message looks like the buyer gets from the seller with acceptance of the offer?  I sent her a quick message explaining and offered her to cancel rather than having to wait for the process.  I asked her to respond quickly. Should I send the invoice with shipping  anyway?  Thanks

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

you accepted a best offer with free shipping in the description, then yes you absolutely have to honor that deal.. usually best offer doesn't include shipping, but when you have listed the item as free shipping, you will lose any argument you may have had..

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Shipping is not part of any Best Offer.

If the listing was $100 with Free Shipping and you accepted her Offer of $95 with Free Shipping, whether she knew that shipping was already included in the price* or not is irrelevant.

In the same way if the listing was $100 with Free Shipping and you accepted her Offer of $80 with $15 shipping, you could only charge her $80, because shipping is not part of the offer, even if she offers more for shipping than you were willing to accept.

If she doesn't accept the cancellation, and pays her Best Offer (with shipping included) you ship.

*Which is what Free Shipping means.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Buyers are not supposed to make free shipping as a part of the best offer if there already is a shipping cost specified.  But in this case the shipping was stated as being free so the buyer is correct in expecting that the shipping remain free just like they would expect shipping to be $20 if that was what the listing specified,

It would be wrong to send an invoice with a shipping amount as sellers are not allowed to change the shipping terms after the purchase.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

The coat was listed at Cdn$195 with free listing.

How much was the amount of the offer you accepted?

Why would you think that the (new to eBay) buyer now has to pay for shipping on an offer you accepted?

Message 5 of 5
latest reply