Is airmail from canada to USA still shows tracking

Hi i used to mail some packages with airmail before and when I entered the number next to barcode it would show the tracking later after like a week. Is it still doing it? I just shipped a package this way
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Is airmail from canada to USA still shows tracking

@luckylegend wrote:
Hi i used to mail some packages with airmail before and when I entered the number next to barcode it would show the tracking later after like a week. Is it still doing it? I just shipped a package this way

Small Packet USA will only show "tracking" on ebay if it gets a USPS scan -- so it may take awhile with current shipping delays and reduced USPS scanning.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Oh ok it’s good they didn’t discontinue it. Last time I shipped this way was 1 year ago and then it did show tracking when it got scanned by usps 100% success rate. Good to know it still does so
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@luckylegend wrote:

Up until a few months ago it was close to 90 % of those packages getting scanned. Would take 4 or 5 days from Calgary to LAX/SF, a few in between scans and a final delivery scan. As of the last few months it's closer to 50%. Some will get LAX/SF scan and Final Delivery or the alternative just the delivery or blank but received feedback so know the customer has received.  I've even had a couple of USA tracked skip the middle scans and show final delivery. So basically hit or miss. Probably not what you wanted to hear.

-Lotz

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

It's best to assume the parcel is on its way and will make it to the customer within the delivery window eBay gave her.

Don't do anything (except keeping the tracking number safe) unless you get a message from the customer.

We are into "poking sleeping bear" territory.

In spite of everything, the postal system is quite good at its job.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I learned this awhile back and notice in almost all cases its happening however I had the first one ever (to a Los Angeles address) last week that was not scanned by USPS at all from the border all the way there.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@darak10 

I have 4 or 5 from October with zero scans and no feedback received. I could message buyer to follow up which would be my normal instinct but you know what they say about hitting a hornets nest with a stick. Telling myself blame it on increased volume and crazy election.

-Lotz

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Ahhhh I wish I read it before

the customer messaged me because they were asking why it didn't work

It was my first time shipping an item airmail since covid happened

And I usually ship tracked for more expensive items, this one was not as high end so I took a chance lol

Eh at least I had a receipt from the drop off so it was enough to calm the buyer for now.

But it doesn't look like there is anything ATM

I shot myself in the leg

Anyways buyer seems responsive and nice so I hope they will wait for some time before messaging me with inquiries or worse. Opening a case...

I shot myself in the leg 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

yeah that's my approach - if they haven't identified a problem dont create one lol.

Those are likely the causes. In the US the country is being absolutely obliterated by COVID and their response is identical to Rocky Balboa's strategy to fighting Apollo Creed in Rocky I - take an unbelievable thrashing and pretend everything is fine while bleeding profusely from every orifice. The only difference, really, is they aren't shouting for Adrian. I dont know how they do it apart from taking one step at a time. Thats why from my perspective postal workers are among my heroes thru all of this. They are getting the job done despite unbelievable pressure and workload. God bless them all.
As for the tracking widget on here I dont think most people even look at it. That being said I did submit the number for a couple items when customers asked where it was and in one instance it showed up a couple days later as already delivered to his zip code. Seemed to me he thought he could get a freebie and it came back to bite him in the rear end lol. I didn't hear from him again haha
Message 9 of 9
latest reply