It's easy to make an eBay seller happy!

Bought some IK EA furniture to update my guest room. Only an eBay seller would get so excited about the nice really thin but strong cardboard inside the boxes! Took the best part of 2 days but managed to put the 6 drawer chest together myself. DH keeps laughing at me because I keep saying "look at all this nice cardboard!"

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@msmaggie060 wrote:

Bought some IK EA furniture to update my guest room. Only an eBay seller would get so excited about the nice really thin but strong cardboard inside the boxes! Took the best part of 2 days but managed to put the 6 drawer chest together myself. DH keeps laughing at me because I keep saying "look at all this nice cardboard!"

I can relate ... I just had new blinds installed in my apartment.  I now have 15 huge rolls of bubble wrap (the really good stuff) in my storage area.  It was very exciting LOL . 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I can totally relate too! Everytime we receive good boxes at work, I'm excited to bring them home as shipping supplies. 😉

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Same here 😂 I keep the nicer IKEA cardboard for shipping.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

It was many years ago that I had visited an auction house on a day there was no sale.

They were setting up  for a sale, and a lot of bubble wrap was gathering.  I asked if I could take the bubble wrap and I did take it... all.

Then someone who had consigned many pieces.....  came in to complain about something....He was complaining very vocally......  

The irony  was I was most happy with the bubble wrap, and was never unhappy with anything I had consigned to this auction house.

----------------------------------

The apartment block where I lived  had bought tables for a new meeting room.   I took the boxes  and used the cardboard to ship the art glass  that I had sold... many years ago

---------------------------------

Today  I buy my cardboard to ship my sold books... from Staples.... but am getting rid of lots of old inventory. to donate and sell locally at auction.... and I do know which containers, behind which stores..... to look for the good cardboard boxes.......

-------------------------

.....and then one day  I found someone digging through a "Garbage bin" for food.....  He was finding the good food, and leaving the bad....  The bicycle he rode told me he did not have to do this... but to him it was an adventure.  Two men walked by and received some of his finds....  He actually told me about some very good steak he had found.

Recently looked in that container....  right beside my cardboard container....  and saw some very good looking tomatoes... but chose to continue my search for the good cardboard....

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@msmaggie060 wrote:

Haahaha, how true!  

I'm always excited when Staples adds lots of those strings of poly "air bags" to the parcels they use as cushioning in their boxes when I order from them online.  Sometimes the contents of the box -- yeah, yeah, more printer ink and paper -- gets ignored for a while as I gleefully squirrel away my air bag treasures. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply