Item Images are missing when GTC Listings are automatically re-newed!

Has anyone noticed that GTC Listings are missing their images when the item has been automatically re-newed.  You can see the image on the listing until you click on the item, then the images are blank.  

If you revise the listing the image comes back but if you have more then one image in your listing then it only shows the first image and the other images are missing. 

This is really going to be a pain in the butt.....

Message 1 of 72
latest reply
71 REPLIES 71

hlmacdon
Community Member

@silverpinups wrote:

Has anyone noticed that GTC Listings are missing their images when the item has been automatically re-newed.  You can see the image on the listing until you click on the item, then the images are blank.  

If you revise the listing the image comes back but if you have more then one image in your listing then it only shows the first image and the other images are missing. 

This is really going to be a pain in the butt.....

I noticed a few listings with broken images earlier. Fortunately shipscript has a handy tool for this to bulk scan listings.  

Message 2 of 72
latest reply

I have the same problem. I had an alert this morning from eBay telling me I was not meeting the photo requirements on 2 of my listings. One had 5 pictures and the other 4. Well... eBay deleted them and is now telling me to add them again! Fortunately, they were still on my computer, but it's a real PITA to look for them and add them again!! Will I have to look at my listings every time they renew now? Seriously?

Message 3 of 72
latest reply

I've not noticed this problem myself.... yet. 

Message 4 of 72
latest reply

@momcqueen wrote:

I've not noticed this problem myself.... yet. 

The US boards have many complaints about this and have called CS to get no help.

It may be something due to the Thursday updates Ebay does or who knows.

Typical Ebay

Message 5 of 72
latest reply

Thanks for the link, my pics are all there.

Message 6 of 72
latest reply

Just verified this bug with my listings. Seems to have begun about 3 days ago. So far has impacted about 15 of my listings, but with daily renewals, could become a nightmare. Sales are way down. This hardly helps.
Message 7 of 72
latest reply

@renata6 wrote:
Just verified this bug with my listings. Seems to have begun about 3 days ago. So far has impacted about 15 of my listings, but with daily renewals, could become a nightmare. Sales are way down. This hardly helps.

Yep, another 10 broken ones today from today's renewals so this is an ongoing issue. Perhaps one of the interns will be allowed to take a break from testing new fancy features to fix something rather more basic like images.

Message 8 of 72
latest reply

I just got off the phone with eBay Customer Service. Apparently they've been flooded with calls today over this issue. CS says it's broken link with older listing images... Sellers be on the l@@k out for your older GTC Listings.... eBay's tech crew have been informed.

I've had to redo another bunch of listings today. I really feel sorry for all those sellers who have 6-12 images per listing all that hard work will not be recovered and will have to be redone since the revise item page only saves the first image and the rest will be missing in action. 

Message 9 of 72
latest reply

Another one to fix today. This is really not helping sales! And of course, the items where that bug happened were items on sale. So revising delete the sale... is the sale the problem?

Message 10 of 72
latest reply

This is a SERIOUS bug for anyone with GTC listings and multiple pictures. Ebay has lost our photos! I sure hope they can recover, otherwise many sellers will be searching their computer, re-shooting and re-scannning pictures. That's many hours wasted time. EBay needs to quickly fix this, stop the GTC automatic relists while they do, or provide some compensation for our trouble.

This is so bush-league. I can't believe it.

Message 11 of 72
latest reply

Well... I answered my own question. It's not just the items that are on sale that are affected. They ALL are, even if eBay doesn't tell you. Click on one of your listing (don't just look in your selling manager - nothing appears there), really click to open one listing renewed yesterday or today. You will see.

Message 12 of 72
latest reply

Yes, this is going to be a real disaster for sellers.... the CS Rep said that they were flooded with calls from sellers and buyers about the missing images.

It never ceases to amaze me how eBay can screw things up... just when you think the bar couldn't be lowered any further....

Message 13 of 72
latest reply

Any GTC listing that's been renewed over the last 2-3 days are effected.

Message 14 of 72
latest reply

I didn't realize how this materializes, I didn't see any when I looked yesterday.

However today I discovered I didn't know how to spell Portuguese so I went to fix a few listings with it spelled incorrectly and I found two with bad pictures.

I'm running the scan now, this worries me I have a lot of older items, although one of the ones that had bad pics was not that old.....

Sighhh....

Message 15 of 72
latest reply

Well I ran the scan (thx @hlmacdon ) and I have just under 300 impacted items.

Items impacted are on both sites .COM and .CA

The most recent item I noticed is from May 24 2018 (customer asked a question about it) so it isn't just old stuff that is affected.

I hope they fix this quickly!!!

@happy_pigeon

Message 16 of 72
latest reply

I see now that some but not all of my GTC that renewed recently are affected too. I certainly hope eBay will take responsibility for fixing the issue because I’m not going to be re-uploading a thousand images to my listings a second time. Nor will I be checking them to see which are missing; I’ve got bigger fish to fry this summer than a fix-it project for a problem I had no hand in creating.
Message 17 of 72
latest reply

You have my sympathies... this is an issue where sellers need to be proactive because your 300 effected listings can turn into 600 in a very short period of time.

I've been updating my listings on a daily basis just to keep up with this inconvenient glitch.  

Message 18 of 72
latest reply

I have not been getting any emails about anything not renewing yet......so keeping my fingers crossed....

Message 19 of 72
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:

I have not been getting any emails about anything not renewing yet......so keeping my fingers crossed....

They should all renew fine with no changes other than images. In the last couple of hours my renewals have been coming through as normal with images so not sure if they actually fixed this or if it is random.

Message 20 of 72
latest reply