Item Not As Described

The buyer said: "Doesn't match description or photos.  These are not an 8 Tall - they were sized wrong."

On both tags on the item it says "8 Tall".  In addition I took measurements and add them in the description.  I'm not sure how else I could have described the item - I added the information from the manufacturer's label.

Anyhow I am willing to refund the buyer but the only thing is there is no option to choose where I will NOT be responsible for the return shipping :(.  These are the options:

1) Accept the return: Provide a return shipping label or postage to the buyer via email. You are responsible for the shipping cost. Wait to get the item back before you refund the buyer.

2) Give a full refund: You fully refund the buyer to close this request. The buyer keeps the item.

3) Offer a partial refund: You have one chance to offer an amount. The buyer keeps the item.

4) Send the buyer a message: You can reply to the buyer.

You input please?  Thanks!

You only fail when you don't try!
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Item Not As Described

SNAD claim....sellers is always responsible for return shipping.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Item Not As Described

This is one of those instances where you have to call into ebay Customer Service for advice. They are likely to agree you did nothing wrong but there is a specific way you are supposed to proceed with false Significantly Not as Described (SNAD) Cases.

I had one recently. I accepted it the Return and then was told by Customer Service to tell the buyer they had to return it at their own expense because it was not a true SNAD and therefore the return postage label was not my fault. If the buyer wanted to return it, they could do so and get their purchase price back. 

But call. Every case is different. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Item Not As Described

After speaking with eBay, they agreed that it is buyers remorse.  Based on the information that is in the listing and on the manufacturer's tag, the item was "as described".  So I told the buyer to return the item and I will refund the money that they paid but they will have to pay the return shipping.  

The buyer then closed the return saying that it had conflicting info and the return shipping was too much and gave me a neutral. 😞

I guess a negative would be worse but come on... a neutral because I added the information from the manufacturer's tag and because return shipping is too expensive?  I thought buyers know that we don't make the things we sell and we don't own a shipping company?  Geeeeez.

You only fail when you don't try!
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Item Not As Described

I'm fairly certain you could appeal that neutral. You didn't do anything wrong here.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Item Not As Described

I mean, if the buyer is disappointed with anything, it's the pants, and not you. Their comment is better left as a Product Review.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply