Managed Payments USD to USD Canadian Bank Account to Paypal USD Balance?

hlmacdon
Community Member

With managed payments having backtracked on the initial promise to allow USD payouts to US based banks for Canadian sellers I'm looking for a solution to keep everything in this chain in USD with the flexibility to move those funds back and forth between bank and paypal accounts as needed. Setting up managed payments with USD payouts and getting that into a Canadian USD account is easy enough, but was wondering which USD accounts (Business) from Canadian insititutions still work for linking to Canadian Paypal accounts for balance transfers back and forth in USD.  From a quick review it seems like Paypal had supported adding a USD account from a Canadian bank only if it that account was tied to a US based subsidiary branch. Would be interested what pairings others have been using here.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

You can't link a Canadian $USD acct to your PP acct, so your question is a non-starter.

My plan is to just transfer $USD from my Canadian $USD acct into my American bank acct that's already linked to my PP acct.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

byto253
Community Member

I dont think the CDN US$ accounts linked to paypal was ever officially condoned.  Folks found some loopholes and an account or two that did not set off Paypal triggers but I believe that got to be a moving target. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I tried to do it. It hasn't worked. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

What I plan to do is look into a USD Credit Card with a Canadian bank, and use the funds I receive into my CAD USD Account to pay it off every month.  It's not great I have to do these things, when formerly the solution was already there through paypal. We should be moving forward with payments administration, not backwards. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@byto253 wrote:

I dont think the CDN US$ accounts linked to paypal was ever officially condoned.  Folks found some loopholes and an account or two that did not set off Paypal triggers but I believe that got to be a moving target. 

That was the case for personal accounts that were based at a Canadian branch. They have no problem with USD US bank business accounts attached to a Canadian business account. I'll have to do some digging and see if the same applies for a USD business account from a Canadian  bank that is tied to a US branch at one of their subsidiaries/branded banks. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply