Managing the 'Add to Blocked Bidder List'

A question for the experienced sellers here: When managing my Blocked Bidder List is it safe for me to manually remove the ones that have turned to nonsense? Example: 

Screen Shot 2017-12-10 at 7.36.16 AM.png

It is my understanding that these are the users whose accounts have either been self-closed or ebay-suspended since their name was added to the Blocked Bidder List (BBL) although that obviously would not be the reason the accounts closed.

If these accounts are dormant, can I delete them manually with impunity? Or is the record of that so-called ID important in case that user were to create another account and return with malicious intent? Would the data carry over if that did happen or has it vanished along with the user name that those random numbers now replace? I assume the nonsense IDs tell a person nothing. At least, they tell me nothing as part of a web search but on ebay one of the IDs that I selected at random still has this attached to it:

Screen Shot 2017-12-10 at 7.42.51 AM.png

If this user, for example, were to create an account and buy items from me with ill intent, would an ebay Customer Service Rep be able (or care) to look to see that they had at one-time been blocked from me by doing so? Would this enable me to have Negative Feedback removed? Would it make any difference whatsoever? If not, I will start deleting the deleted accounts from the BBL and save those places for the present-day troublemakers who send unsolicited insults. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I'll mention further that if you search any of the *@deleted Member ID Histories, all you get is something like this which makes me think any and all important data associated with the ID is lost to time unless ebay CSRs would take the time to dig deeper into places not visible to the rest of us: 

This person is not a registered user.
 User ID: Effective Date End Date

**********@deleted 02-Apr-14 Not a registered user

eBay hides parts of User IDs with "*" to protect member privacy.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

A seller can block up to 5,000 buyers....

It will not hurt to leave things without any deletions from the list....

Just let it be, as is .

Unless... you are about to enter buyer number 5,001

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I delete them.

There are more than enough ways for fraudsters to come back with a different ID anyway and I certainly wouldn't account for a high chance a CSR would have the time or knowledge to saluth the original ID anyway if it were possible.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I delete them as well.I don't think that they are useful on the list once those id's have been closed.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply