New Seller Metric page has arrived.

The new Seller Metrics announced in the last update have arrived to Seller Hub. I was expecting them to pop up in the Seller Dashboard but that's not the case.

Instead, a new page has been added to the Performance tab in Seller Hub called "Service Metrics".  These new metrics do not appear anywhere in the Performance tab Summary page, there's just a new link added to the bottom of the menu list.

Perhaps all sellers should begin to follow this new page closely for awhile to try and figure out exactly what's up with this new wrinkle. One things for sure, those having a run of bad luck are going to be quite unhappy. 

Even if 100% of sellers are providing good customer service a portion is going to place in the bottom percentile and be penalized. 

Quite a novel approach to improving customer loyalty!

service metrics_2.jpgservice metrics_3.jpg

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

OK ... just noticed these stats are all wrong right off the bat, not a good sign.

First, the stated stat period is June 01 - 31 ... this is August.

Second, the number of transactions is way, way off on the low side.

Third, noticed there is a current period screen and a projected period screen which is June 01 - July 31. ... again this is August, they already know the number of transactions but the stats are miles out of whack, not even close.

If they cannot accurately count the number of transactions how are they going to accurately calculate how many are not as described or have not arrived.

CORRECTION // Their transaction number is sort of half correct, the transactions appear to be for all of July, nothing for June.  If the user changes categories while viewing the projected period the period falls back to current which is very confusing for the user ... typical ebay stuff.

Screenshot (4).jpg

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

@kawartha-ephemera wrote:

OK ... just noticed these stats are all wrong right off the bat, not a good sign.

Yep. Data is incorrect for my info. Soooooooo glad we are supposed to trust ebay with payments in the future when they can't get basic **bleep** like this done right.

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

Fooled around with it for awhile going back and forth between screens and all of a sudden the data was correct. It appears the "projections" are the actual numbers for June and July. Still have no idea what I did to get the correct data to appear... maybe nothing.

I should clarify that I finally got the item not as described data to appear correctly, still trying to figure out the other half of the puzzle.

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

EBay is giving us an extra day in June?

Cool beans!

Oh- actually it's June 1 to July 31.

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

A most interesting situation.....It appears that each seller will be compared to other sellers that sell similar inventory, in a similar price range.

For us this is eBay Canada.

I find the following most interesting..... You don't have any peer benchmarks......

I must conclude that there are no other sellers similar to me on eBay Canada.    There are other sellers of books, but each is unique with their way of selling, and at what price with respect to peer benchmarks. 

One must also conclude that many Canadian sellers will be similarly evaluated..... mainly because of the low number of sellers on eBay Canada, and then  what each seller chooses to sell, and then at what price.

Each Canadian seller is unique

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

My bad... added a day to June in my second comment.... retired and loosing track of the days haha
Message 7 of 22
latest reply

Info on .ca is useless for me as it is showing stats for Global sales and 90% of my sales are to the USA. Doesn’t seem to be any way to switch over to US sales on the .ca site and not going to switch to Seller Hub on .com yet.

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

There is a drop down menus to select site.
Message 9 of 22
latest reply

I think a more likely explanation to the fact none of us have ‘peers’ yet is that eBay hasn’t populated that field of data yet. I know I’m not the only toy seller on eBay in Canada. They’ll eventually compare me to a dozen others regardless of size of toys offered.
Message 10 of 22
latest reply

Nice catch... more info on this will be coming later this morning.

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

I followed the link to the Help Page on this but I haven't read it yet.

https://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/service-metrics.html

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

I have read and reread that page numerous times, still don't know how to interpret the information given there.

It seems that the metrics will be measured and applied by category. What isn't clear to me is how many strikes are required per category to rate as "very high".

Is it 10 total transactions or is it 1% of total transactions?

Say a seller has only 200 transactions in a category over the last 12 months, are they saying that the seller with 10 not as described rate very high, or is it 1% of 200 = 5 transactions which will rate very high. Which is it?

If it's 1 % any seller, even the very best sellers will be at risk of consequences. All it would take is a couple of difficult buyers to tip the balance.

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

Really???

Item not received

Your "Item not received" rate is the percentage of your transactions where buyers requested information about an item that was already expected to have arrived, or where tracking shows the item as delivered but the buyer has not received it.

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

@kawartha-ephemera wrote:
... It seems that the metrics will be measured and applied by category. What isn't clear to me is how many strikes are required per category to rate as "very high".
Is it 10 total transactions or is it 1% of total transactions?

Peer metrics (as I read it):

Your rating is determined by how well you do compared to your other competitors (your peers) in the category --  a 30% problem level might rate as average for selling shoes but as very high if selling stamps.

There is no penalty for very high IF you have less than 10 problem transactions or (for 10 or more problems, less than 1% of transactions).

-..-

Message 15 of 22
latest reply

@snoopwiz wrote:

Really???

Item not received

Your "Item not received" rate is the percentage of your transactions where buyers requested information about an item that was already expected to have arrived, or where tracking shows the item as delivered but the buyer has not received it.

Only the most common way for scammers or people who ordered by mistake to try to get out of paying for anything. The more concerning one would be the not as described returns and being subject to a fee penalty. If you will recall ebay conveniently decided it was no longer going to look at any objective reason to reclassify a return. Real convenient when it results in more money in their pockets. Doesn't help they can't even get the data right does it?

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

@snoopwiz wrote:

Really???

Item not received

I think we are all well aware of what an "Item Not Received" or "Not As Described" case is and how they are used.

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

INR used to be a slam dunk for the seller when tracking showed item was delivered but, doesn't this new wording say otherwise?
Message 18 of 22
latest reply

Every time I reread the documentation I come away with another possible meaning, Therein lies the problem.

I agree the passage you highlighted does seem to imply that just the reporting of an INR is enough to earn a strike.

EBay needs to provide examples of real world situations and their consequences in the documentation to understand what exactly they're talking about.

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

Item not as described returns

See how you compare to your peers.

Coins & Paper Money:
Rate: 0.00% (Low)

Total transactions: 239
Not as described: 0
0 / 239 = 0.00%

Learn More

Very high

You and your peers = 0.00%

High

Average

Low

so why does my chart show me as between high and very high when my rate is zero??
Message 20 of 22
latest reply